Whether you're looking for something to do with the kids now that school is out for summer or you just want something to do on the weekend with friends, Long Island is full of fun ...
Whether you’re looking for something to do with the kids now that school is out for summer or you just want something to do on the weekend with friends, Long Island is full of fun and exciting theme parks for you to enjoy. Though Long Island’s amusement parks may not exactly meet the caliber of parks such as Six Flags or Dorney Park there is certainly no shortage of outlets for entertainment. Many of Long Island’s amusement parks have various attractions including laser tag, go-karts, mini-golf and batting cages. The bigger parks, such as Adventureland, Luna Park and Splish Splash, feature rides with high thrills such as roller coasters and water slides that take you 50 to 80 feet in the air before bringing you safely back down to Earth. Visit any of these top amusement & theme parks for a day of endless fun.
1. Country Fair Entertainment Park sure lives up to its name. Attractions at the park include a Laser Frontier, Mini-Golf, Go-Kart Racing, Batting Cages and more.
2. The Bayville Adventure & Scream Park is a pirate themed amusement park. Attractions include indoor rock climbing, mini-golf, bumper boats, a funhouse, and much more. In the fall the park becomes the Bayville Scream Park with Halloween themed attractions.
3. Karts Indoor Raceway offers two tracks for go-kart racers, a pro track and junior track (only open for birthdays). Karts also has skee-ball, laser tag, a snack bar and game room.
4. Tiki Action Park is fun for the whole family! Their golf course has been voted the best course on Long Island for 3 years in a row. Tiki Action Park also offers a top notch Go-Kart track and over 40-game indoor arcade.
5. Adventureland, located on Route 110 in Farmingdale, has been open and in operation since 1962. That’s 50 years of fun and entertainment for Long Island residents. Enjoy hours of fun on rides, playing games for prizes, or snacking in the picnic area.
, 2245 Broad Hollow Road/Route 110, Farmingdale – (631) 694-6868
6. Boomers! has it all. Go karts, mini-golf, bumper boats, batting cages, rock walls and more! The opportunities for fun are endless and you won’t be disappointed.
, 655 Medford Avenue, Medford – (631) 475-1771
7. Splish Splash Water Park is Long Island’s #1 water park. It features over 20 rides and attractions including an 80 foot water slide. Perfect for kids, friends and family for a day of fun in the sun.
Splish Splash Waster Park, 2549 Splish Splash Drive, Calverton – (631) 727-3600
8. While not exactly an amusement park, the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center is chock full of fun and exciting educational opportunities. Get up close and personal with sting ray in the Ray Bay; get amazing glimpses of sharks and other fish species in the Sand Shark Lagoon and Artificial Reef. All this and more at the LI Aquairum & Exhibition Center.
9. Luna Park is the first amusement park to be built in Coney Island in over 40 years. Construction was completed in Summer 2010 and brought with it 19 new rides, six games, five concession stands and retail locations. Rides include the 85 year old Cyclone roller coaster, the Sling Shot, Coney Island Raceway, indoor arcade and much more.
10. The family owned and operated Long Island Game Farm is located on 25 acres of land and features hundreds of animals. It is a frequent destination spot for families and school field trips.