Sunday, June 16th, is Father’s Day. LongIsland.com is all about helping you get the most out of life and spend the least amount of money for this holiday. We found some good deals and freebies for good ‘ol Dad on Father’s Day, but in the course of our research we also found it’s not really necessary to spend anything on Dad. Yet, it can still be a day he’ll never forget.
Father’s Day was created to honor fathers, celebrate fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. Whether your dad enjoys catching fish or catching some rays on a golf course, Long Island offers a variety of options for celebrating Father's Day on Sunday.
Spoil the dad in your life with these deals. Show dad how much you appreciate him for all that he has done for you. So this Father’s Day, give him something that’s free — yet priceless.
- Father's Day at the Hatchery - Dads get in freeat the Cold Spring Fish Hatchery
- Father's Day at the Cold Spring Harbour Whaling Museum - Free admission for Dad
- Breakfast at IKEA - Dad’s get a free $0.99 breakfast plate and cup of coffee. The offer is valid until 11 a.m. in the Restaurant and Café on June 16. There’s a limit of one free breakfast per family.
- Free TCBY Yogurt - Dads get a FREE 6 oz yogurt at participating TCBY locations.
- White Post Farms - All Dads and Grandpas get in free all weekend.
- Ben's Deli - Dad's can eat a sandwich or entree for $4.99
- White Castle - Make Dad feel like King of the Castle with 4 sliders for $1.
- Harbes Father's Day Farm Festival - Family fun the country way.
- Ownapieceofamerica.com - Give the gift of land. OK, it is only one square inch of property.
- Michael's and Pottery Barn Kids are offering crafts for the kids to make for their Dads.
How will you celebrate Father's Day 2013? Let us know in the comment section, or on the LongIsland.com Forum!