Every town on Long Island has a public library. It is free to go and use the many different library amenities. Not only can you check out books and movies, but you can use their computers, read magazines, or go to a program.
Libraries have become more savvy with the new technology. You can access many great resources of the library from your home computer with your library card. Many libraries will even let you borrow a Nook, Kindle, or iPad.
In addition, the libraries offer great programs for patrons to enjoy. They range from art to exercise. Be sure to check out some of the upcoming events and check with you local library for more events!
- Marzena Grabczynska: Inside Cuba - South Huntington Library - Huntington Station - Feb. 18-Mar. 5
- Art Exhibit: Terry Mihlard - Syosset Library - Syosset - Feb. 18-Feb. 25
- Exhibit: Stanley and Adnrienne Horowitz - Plainview-Old Bethpage Public Library - Plainview - Feb. 18- Feb. 28
- Art Gallery: Light Painters 3 - Mattituck-Laurel Library - Mattituck - Feb. 18- Feb. 28
- February Showcase - Bay Shore - Brightwater Library - Brightwater - Feb. 18- Feb. 28th
- Art Exhibit: Warren Lyons - Freeport Library - Freeport - Feb. 18-Feb. 27
- The Dancing Quilter - Elmont Memorial Library - Elmont - Feb. 18-Mar. 31
- Gallery Exhibit: Tina Andrews - Central Islip Library - Central Islip - Feb. 18-Feb. 28
- Poetry Club - Larkview Library - Rockville Centre - Feb. 19
- Ask the Eye Expert: Eye Health - Copiage Memorial Public Library - Copiage - Feb. 19
- The Art Encounter - Sachem Library - Holbrook - Feb. 19 (various Wednesdays)
- Tai Chi for Seniors - Westhampton Free Library - Westhampton - Feb. 20 (Various Thursdays)
- Tai Chi - Rogers Memorial Library - Southampton - Feb. 20 (Various Thursdays)
- Dancerise with Stephanie - Levittown Library - Levittown - Feb. 20 (Various Thursdays)
- Adult Chess Club - Bay Shore - Brightwater Library - Brightwater - Feb. 18- Feb. 28th
- Notary Public - Wyandanch Library - Wyandanch - Feb. 20
- Zumba - Locust Valley Library - Locust Valley - Feb. 21 (Various Fridays)
- Bridge Club (Open to All) - Emma S. Clark Memorial Library - Setakuet - Feb. 21
- Long Island Ukulele Strummers Club Jam - Plainview-Old Bethpage Public Library - Plainview - Various Fridays
- Canasta - Mattituck-Laurel Library - Mattituck - Various Fridays
- Long Island Knitting Guild - Bay Shore - Brightwater Library - Brightwater - Various Fridays
- Stretching and Toning Session - Levittown Library - Levittown - Feb. 24
- Morning Yoga - Westhampton Library - Westhampton - Feb. 24
- Evening Pilates - Westhampton Library - Westhampton - Feb. 24
How do you utilize your public library? Tell us in the comments below!