Long Island is rich with dating services to help you find someone special this year – be it “the one” or the one for right now. If you’ve been looking for love in all the wrong places, or didn’t even know where to begin your search we highly recommend the following dating services and sites to find the right match. They very well may be hiding in the next town over. If you're looking to make 2012 the year that you find that special someone, we've got all the resources you'll need to find someone close to home!
Doc’s Parties/Millennium Singles – Looking to meet local singles in Nassau and Suffolk Counties in a low pressure environment? Doc’s Parties has great events happening every week right here on Long Island, where you can meet and mingle with local singles and spend a night out on the town. With events at beautiful venues all over Long Island, you’ll be sure to have a good time – and you might even make a connection! Make sure to check out their website for the full calendar of upcoming events.
- 7 in Heaven – 7 in Heaven is a speed-dating service for serious-minded, quality singles to meet and mingle in a fun, easy and safe way. Meetings are held in upscale restaurants as opposed to crowded, noisy bars where you wouldn’t hear a word your date was saying anyway. 7 in Heaven also holds organized activity events that cover a wide range of interests. Ages 23-69 welcome. Visit 7 in Heaven’s website for a calendar of events.
- 8 Minute Dating – 8 Minute Dating guarantees that you’ll meet someone that you’ll want to see again or your next event is free! 8 Minute Dating offers a safe, fun and comfortable way to meet singles like yourself. You receive complementary appetizers and chances to win prizes and you meet with 8 different suitors in 1 wonderful night filled with fun conversation.
- Contemporary Singles and Couples Dances – Dances are held twice a month – once in Nassau and once Suffolk County. Ages 40 through 60 are welcome to try out their dance moves on the floor to the sounds of swing, Latin, slow, current and free style music. The price of the dance ranges from $15-$20, depending on the time of your arrival, and includes a hot and cold buffet and coffee. They suggest you dress to impress - jeans and sneakers are not allowed! Visit the website for a schedule of upcoming dances.
- Great Expectations – Great Expectation has 30 years of experience in helping people find true love. To ensure its member a safe dating experience Great Expectations screens and validates vital information, meets members face to face and maintains current photographs and video that accurately represent potential dates. Once approved, members have access to a team of relationship professionals, thousands of member profiles and will receive invitations to private social events and discounted travel opportunities. Great Expectations has a Long Island location in Roslyn. Call 1-866-697-3283 or visit their website for membership inquiries.
- It’s Just Lunch – After a failed engagement one woman decided to try her luck in the dating world. Dissatisfied with the options available to her - blind dates setup by friends, personal ads and video dating services - she decided to take a different, yet simple, approach. She tried meeting someone, face-to-face, for a lunch date or a drink after work. Seems like a pretty obvious plan doesn’t it? The hard part, however, is finding the right people to go out with and the right places to go. It’s Just Lunch, a worldwide organization, has over 20 years of successful matchmaking under its belt. Call 1-888-565-8624 or visit IJL’s website to become a member now.
- Parents Without Partners – Parents Without Partners is an international organization that gives single parents the opportunity to meet and mingle with other single parents and the children of these parents to meet peers in a family situation similar to their own. PWP provides single parents with help and support through meetings, professional speakers, study groups, social activities and most of all through friendship.
- Weekend Dating – Weekend Dating holds dating events for Long Island, Queens and New York City. Whether you’re looking for dates or your soul mate, Weekend Dating provides a great way to meet new people. Events are held in laid back, casual environments in hopes that you’ll be more comfortable to just be yourself. Reservations are made in advance so that there is an equal number of male and female attendees who will have fifteen 4-5 minutes speed-dating sessions throughout the night. Other events involve activities such as bowling, cooking or billiards and other less structured events, as in concerts, barbecues and scavenger hunts. Weekend Dating also offers a Ladies Night to women who are not necessarily looking for dates but new friends and activity partners. Visit Weekend Dating’s website for an event schedule.
- Vicki’s Six Minute Dating – Vicki’s Six Minute Dating holds Singles Delight Cocktail Parties at Antoinette’s in Bellmore every Wednesday night. Mingling at the bar begins at 8pm, followed by a buffet in a private room for dining and conversation. A live band joins in on the festivities around 9pm and doesn’t quit until 1am. Vicki’s also offer a “Let’s Do Brunch” dating service. You may or may not find the love of your life but you bound to have a marvelous and exciting experience.
- LongIsland.com Personals and Singles Events Calendar – LongIsland.com offers a free personal ads section and singles calendar that is updated often with events around the Island that are open to couples as well as singles. There are always plenty of events happening on Long Island where singles can meet – so why not check out the spot where the calendar is put together for you already, and you can match it up with your schedule? Meeting someone new on Long Island has never been easier!
- Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking – Maureen Tara Nelson Private Matchmaking has been voted “Best of LI” Matchmaker and Dating Service by The Long Island Press for 2009, 2010 and 2011. Impressive! MTN Private Matchmaking is perfect for people tired of the bar scene, internet dating and the time-wasting games people play. Old-fashioned matchmaking at its best, this staff of professionals will make the dating process a “pleasure” for those in the New York Metro area who are looking for commitment but are too busy to seek out that special someone or just don’t have the know-how.
- LongIslandPersonals.com – LongIslandPersonals.com – not to be confused with LongIsland.com’s personals section - was created for Long Islanders, by Long Islanders. Members get access to thousands of local Islander profiles without having to be bothered with results that include people who are nearby but not actually living on Long Island (as in residents of Manhattan, New Jersey and Connecticut). LongIslandPersonals.com offers features that many other websites do not such as one-click search, message receipts, “flirts,” and top-notch customer service.