Every year Black Friday deals seem to creep up earlier and earlier. Sure there are the Black Friday deals that come even before we hit the week of Thanksgiving, but be careful with those because many retailers may be using the term “Black Friday” loosely. If you want to catch the “real” Black Friday deals for 2015, look no further than this Guide!
Retailers are competing neck and neck from brick and mortar stores to online. You can continue to expect to see great savings and deals on things like TVs and laptops, but when it comes to Apple products don’t expect to get the best bang for your buck at the Apple Store. Lindsay Sakraida at DealNews, an aggregator of online deals informed “FORTUNE” that you’ll get a better break at retailers like Best Buy, Amazon and Target (as you’ll see below).
When it comes to smartphones, the deals we saw last year where you can pay $0 on the phone by just signing a contract is likely no more with wireless carriers moving to no-contract plans.
While there’s a bit of a change to what we saw last year – even Staples is reverting back to the original tradition of closing shop on Thanksgiving Day and opening its doors on the actual “Friday” for Black Friday, there are still great savings and deals to reap.
So without further ado, here are the latest and greatest 2015 Black Friday sales and deals to kick-off your holiday shopping. Be sure to check back here again because we’ll be updating you on additional Black Friday sales and there’s also Cyber Monday deals to look forward to!
Pre-Black Friday Sales Events
If cutting into Thanksgiving dinner or waking up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving isn’t your thing, then you’ll want to make sure you catch these Pre-Black Friday Sales events!
Amazon.com – Find Black Friday deals every day leading up to the official big day on electronics, video games, DVDs, and more. Beginning November 20th, Amazon will be launching wave after wave of "lightning deals," with some new discounts being added as quickly as every five minutes at some points.
Best Buy – 8 Black Friday deals are available now online and in stores. The rest of the deals will be made available when stores open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. Find immediate deals on tablets, smartphones, TVs and more!
P.C. Richard & Son – Shop early now if you want because it’s offering its Black Friday Price Guarantee on many items, from TVs, laptops, cameras, to gaming consoles!
Target – Its “10 Days of Deals” promotion runs from Nov. 22 - Dec. 1 where you can find deep discounts to electronics, kitchenware, toys and more. As part of the “10 Days of Deals,” you also have access to a Black Friday presale on Nov. 25. Those who spend $75 or more on Nov. 27 will receive a 20% discount to use toward a future purchase on any day between Dec. 4 and Dec. 13.
Toys R Us – More than 100 Black Friday items will be available on Nov. 22 for early access in-store and online for big savings. Access will be available to Rewards “R” Us Loyalty members. Also, throughout the month of November and December “R” Us Credit Cardholders are eligible for receive an additional 10% off their purchase on Thursdays and Saturdays (thru Dec. 19).
- Walmart – Pre-Black Friday online specials are happening now. Official Black Friday deals come available online at 3 a.m. on Thanksgiving and in stores at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Find savings on TVs, video game consoles, small home appliances and more!
Retailers Opening on Thanksgiving Day to Kick Off Black Friday
Best Buy – 5 p.m.
Century 21 Department Store – 6 p.m.
JCPenney – 3 p.m.
Kmart – 6 a.m.
Kohl’s – 6 p.m.
Macy’s – 6 p.m.
Office Depot / Office Max – 6 p.m.
Old Navy – 4 p.m.
Sears – 6 p.m.
Target – 6 p.m.
Toys R Us – 5 p.m.
Walmart – 6 p.m.
Where The Steals & Deals Are: Black Friday circulars are coming out left and right, but we’ve made it easy by highlighting some of the best offers. Be sure to check the circulars yourself (links above or visit WalletHub for more Black Friday ad scans) for additional details on any restrictions or specific hours for the offers.
- Best Buy – Apple iPhone 6S/6S Plus purchase gets you a $200 gift card when you trade in your iPhone 5 or later model; Verizon No-Contract Motorola Moto E with Blue Grip Case for $9.99.
- Costco – Get $250 Costco Cash Card via mail-in rebate with a Verizon new, add-a-line, or upgrade device payment activation when purchasing Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or Samsung Galaxy Note5.
- Target – Apple iPhone 6S/6S Plus save $50 for the 16GB models with qualifying two-year service plan from Verizon or Sprint or get $250 store gift card with the installment billing route (available starting at 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day).
- Walmart – Apple iPhone 6S/6S Plus with Verizon or AT&T network installment plan receive $100 bill credit and $100 store gift card; Samsung Galaxy S on StraightTalk Wireless for $229.
Laptops/Tablets/E-Readers & Accessories
- Amazon – Starting Nov. 22 get the 6” Kindle e-reader for $50.
- Best Buy – Get $100 off the Apple iPad Mini 4; Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 32GB 9.7” Android Tablet for $400; Microsoft Surface 3 64GB 10.8” Windows Tablet for $400; Amazon Fire 8GB 7: Tablet for $35; and Apple MacBook Pro with 13.3” display for $900.
- Costco – Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Bundle for $900.
- Office Depot & Office Max – Toshiba 10” Encore Windows Tablet for $89.99; NuVision 10.1” HD Android Tablet for $49.99; and HP 15.6” laptop for $330.
- Staples – Apple iPad Mini 4 16GB Tablet for $299; Apple iPad Air 2 Tablet for $450; and Toshiba Windows 10 Laptop for $400.
- Target – Apple iPad Air 2 16GB Tablet with a $150 Target Gift Card for $499; RCA 8” Android Tablet 1GB RAM 1.4 GHz Quad Core Processor for $39.99; and Polaroid 9” Tablet with Bluetooth keyboard for $49.99.
- Toys R Us – Amazon Fire Kids Tablet for $84.99; Nabi Jr. Tablet for $49.99; Nabi 2 Learning Tablet for $79.99; and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Kids Tablet for $99.99.
- Walmart – RCA 7” Android Tablet for $28.88; Nabi Nick Jr. Kids Android Tablet for $79; Apple iPad Air 2 16GB WiFi Tablet for $399; Apple iPad Mini 2 16GB WiFi Tablet for $199; RCA Cambio W101 V2 Windows 10 2-in-1 with Detachable Keyboard and Trackpad for $128; and HP 15.6” Laptop for $199.
- Best Buy – Toshiba 49” LED 1080p HDTV for $150; 40" Insignia LED 1080p HDTV for $159.99; and 60" Samsung LED 4k Ultra HDTV for $799.99.
- Kmart – Samsung 32” LED HDTV for $179.99; LG 32” LED HDTV for $209.99; LG 50” LED 1080p HDTV for $449.99; Samsung Smart Blu-Ray Player for $49.99; and RCA 50” LED 1080p HDTV for $399.99.
- Kohl’s – Westinghouse 32” LED HDTV for $99.99; LG 49” LED TV for $369.99; and Samsung 40: HD 1080p LED Smart TV with Built-in Wi-Fi for $319.99.
- Target – Westinghouse 55” LED TV for $249.99 and Element 43” LED TV for $169.99.
- Walmart – 32” TCL Roku 720p Smart HDTV for $125; 55” TCL Roku 1080p Smart HDTV for $348; 55” Samsung 1080p Smart LED TV for $498; 55” Samsung Curved 4K UHD Smart TV for $998; and 70” Vizio 1080p Smart LED TV for $898.
Gaming Systems and Games
- Best Buy – Save $50 on all Xbox One consoles; $299.99 for PlayStation 4 500GB Uncharted bundle; and New Nintendo 3DS XL for $179.99.
- Kohl’s – Nintendo 3DS XL for $179.99.
- Target – Xbox One Bundle for $299.99 with Gears of War digital download and a free $60 Target Gift Card.
- Toys R Us – Xbox One, Wii and PS3 Games 2 for $25; Wii U Deluxe Set for $279.99; and Guitar Hero Live for $69.99.
- Walmart: Xbox One Games of War Bundle for $269 when you factor you’ll get a $30 Walmart fit card; Nintendo 3DS XL for $129; Wii U Super Smash Bros. and Splatoon Deluxe Set for $249; Guitar Herio Live for Playstation 4 for $69; and LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack for Xbox 360 for $79.
- Best Buy – Nikon Coolpix 16 Megapixel Camera with free carrying bag and 8GB memory card for $169.99; and Canon PowerShot 20 Megapixel Camera for $89.99.
- Kmart – Activeon CX Action Camera for $99.99.
- Target – Nikon CoolPix L340 Digital Camera for $99.99.
- Walmart – Cannon Rebel TS DSLR 2-Lens Bundle for $399; Cannon Powershot SX400 IS Camera for $99; and Nikon Coolpix L31 Camera for $46.
- Best Buy – Samsung 25.5 cu.ft. French Door Refrigerator for $999.99; Ninja Mega Kitchen System Blender for $129.99; and Magic Bullet Blender for $29.99
- Kmart – Proctor Silex 2-Slice Toaster, 5-Speed Hand Mixer, Can Opener or Iron for $3; Kenmore 1.1-Cu. Ft. Microwave for $59.99; Hamilton Beach 8-Cup Fryer for $24.99; Shark Navigator Lightweight Upright Vacuum for $89.99; and Kenmore HE Washer or Electric Dryer for $249.99.
- Kohl’s – KitchenAid Stand Mixer for $299.99 (after $50 mail-in rebate; and more savings with stackable coupons); Ninja Complete Kitchen System for $139.99; Ninja Master Prep Professional for $39.99; and Haier 1500-Watt Wood Cabinet Portable Infrared Heater for $99.99.
- Target – Dyson V6 Motorhead Cordless Vacuum for $249.99 and Hoover WindTunnel 2 Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum for $69.99.
- Walmart – Dyson Upright Vacuum for $197; Ninja Blending System for $79; Better Homes and Gardens Stainless Steel Oval 30L Trash Can for $14.97; and Deco Flame Infrared Electric Heater for $44.
- Kmart – Adjustable Mechanic’s Seat or Metal Creeper for $19.99; Craftman’s 5-Drawer Tool Center for $89.99; Craftman Ceramic Workshop Heater for $29.99; and Whistler XTR145 Radar Detector for $34.99.
- Walmart – Stanley 5-Drawer Rolling Chest and Bonus Tool Set for $79 and Good Year Tires from $44-$119.
- Best Buy – $9.99 for Furious 7, Jurassic World, and Inside Out Blu-ray/DVD combos; $1.99 for Step Brothers, Spaceballs, Zombieland, Horton Hears a Who and other DVDs.
- Kmart – $5.58 for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie; Fast & Furious 6; Pitch Perfect; and more. $9.99 for (DVD) Pitch Perfect 2; Furious 7; Home; and more. $14.99 for Blu-Ray + DVD for Furious 7; and Jurassic World. $16.99 for Blu-Ray + DVD for Disney’s Cinderella; and Disney’s Inside Out.
- Target – $10 for Jurassic World and Pitch Perfect 2 Blu-rays; and 25% off Select Disney Movies
- Walmart – $1.96 for DVDs including Epic; Ice Age; Rio; and others. $3.96 for DVDs including Ninja Turtles; Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. $7.96 for DVDs including Despicable Me 2; Fifty Shades of Grey; The Hobbit; and more.
- Kmart – Disney Frozen Snow Glow Elsa for $19.99; Crayola Kids @ Work 80 Piece Construction Blocks for $14.99; Nerf N-Strike Elite Pecision Target Set or Sidestrike 2-Pk for 50% off; WWE 5 Pack Fan Favorite Figures for $39.99; Star Wars X-Wing Fighter for $14.99; Max Tow Turbo for $49.99; Zoomer Kitty for $79.99; and Disney Frozen Sing-A-Long Boombox for $24.99.
- Kohl’s – Zoom Pets for $39.99; Thomas & Friends Shipwreck Rails for $39.99; VTech Kiddie Jams for $39.99; Barbie Volkswagen Beetle for $17.99; Hot Wheels Fast Blast Car Park for $9.99; and Star Wars Landspeeder Adventure Pack for $34.99.
- Toys R Us – Fisher Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo for $24.99; Paw Patrol Rescue Training Center for $14.99; Imaginarium Train Set with Table (55 Pcs) for $39.99; LeapFrog Leapster GS Explorer for $24.99; LeapFrog LeapReader System for $19.99; LeapFrog LeapReader Books for $7.49; K’Nex Blizzard Blast Coaster for $19.99; Crayola Fabulous Art Kits for $10; Disney Frozen Ice Castle Vanity for $29.99; Disney Frozen Singing & Talking Elsa & Anna Plush Dolls for $29.99; and Hot Wheels 6 Lane Raceway for $49.99.
- Walmart – Razor Power Ride 360 for $99; Disney’s Doc McStuffins Checkup Center for $35; Barbie Pop Up Camper for $55; LEGO or Duplo Creative Boxes for $30; Step 2 Coffee Time Kitchen Playset for $50; and Fisher-Price Little People Princess Palace for $30.
- Century 21 Department Store – FENDI handbags over 45% off; FENDI watches over 50% off; and Armani Collezioni suits over 70% off.
- The Children's Place – Catch Doorbuster Deals in stores and online like all Glacier Fleece for $4.99 and all Basic Denim for $7.99. Also earn $10 Place Cash for every $20 you spend now through Dec. 25th to redeem starting Dec. 26th. From now through Dec. 24th, when you buy a gift card of $40 or more in a single transaction, you get a $10 gift coupon to use on your next purchase of $40 or more.
- Kmart – On Thanksgiving Day from 7 p.m. until 2 p.m. on Friday, catch Doorbuster deals like Basic Editions and Piper Faves kids' denim for $6; Women's sweaters (Jaclyn Smith and attention Joe Boxer) for $9; Rustler men's denim for $10; Wonderkids 4-in-1 jackets for $15; Holiday Editions girls' dresses for $9; and 50% off other women's, men's, kids and baby apparel.
- Kohl's – From Nov. 23 - Nov. 29, everyone gets $15 Kohl's Cash for every $50 spent in store, online & at the kiosk. Normally spending $50 earns you $10 Kohl's Cash. Applies to all sale-, regular- and clearance-priced merchandise. Also, the first 100 customers in store on Thursday, Nov. 26th will receive a Fandango Promotional card good towards 2 movie tickets ($13 per ticket, up to $26 total value) -- perfect in time to see Star Wars: The Froce Awakens in theaters Dec. 18th. Read full details here.
- Old Navy – Up to 50% off storewide on Thanksgiving Day and on Black Friday
Retailers Closed on Thanksgiving Day
While these physical stores are closed on Thanksgiving Day, many will actually have online Black Friday deals running and will be ready to offer additional savings in-stores on Black Friday.
Here's who will be closed on Thanksgiving Day:
- Babies R Us
- Barnes & Noble
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Burlington Coat Factory
- Home Depot
- Home Goods
- P.C. Richard & Sons
- Pier 1 Imports
- Sam’s Club
- TJ Maxx
Whether you plan to stick to the brick and mortar stores or shop online this holiday season, expect valuable savings and deals this Black Friday! Remember to check back here again for new updates and sales around Black Friday! Also check out tips for surviving Black Friday!
And remember, the savings don’t stop here – check out our Cyber Monday Guide!