Port Jefferson, NY - November 7th, 2014 - Track work on the Long Island Rail Road between Hicksville and Syosset will mean reduced service on Port Jefferson Branch this Saturday, November 8, for the 24-hour period beginning at 12:51 a.m. During that period, some Port Jefferson trains have been cancelled and others are running on alternate schedules. Service between Hicksville and Huntington will be reduced from half-hourly to hourly starting at 6 a.m.
- Service between Hicksville and Huntington is reduced from half-hourly to hourly.
- Passengers traveling to stations Westbury and Merillon Ave. from Port Jefferson Branch stations east of Hicksville will change at Hicksville and arrive approximately 30 minutes later.
- Some trains between Huntington and Penn Station are on adjusted schedules.
- Port Jefferson through Greenlawn customers: Some Port Jefferson trains have been cancelled and others are running on adjusted schedules.
- Service between Huntington and Hicksville has been reduced from half-hourly to hourly.
- Greenlawn through Port Jefferson customers: Some Port Jefferson trains have been cancelled and others are running on adjusted schedules.
- Some trains between Penn Station and Huntington are on adjusted schedules.
- Customers boarding at New Hyde Park or Carle Place traveling to Port Jefferson Branch stations east of Hicksville will transfer at Hicksville for next through train. Expect up to 30 minutes of added travel time.
For More Information
Port Jefferson Branch customers should pick up a copy of the special Port Jefferson Branch Track Work Schedule for all revised departure and arrival times. The special timetable can also be found at the LIRR website at www.mta.info/lirr. They can also contact the LIRR’s Travel Information Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and say: Long Island Rail Road. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, use your preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach LIRR at 511.