Copiague, NY - September 16, 2016 - Calling All Pizza Lovers and Professional Eaters! The 9th Annual Long Island Family Festival will be hosting the annual LI Family Festival Pizza Eating Contest sponsored by Joe's Pizza on Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18 at 4pm. Competitors will gather at the LI Family Festival Stage by 3:45pm.
The rules are simple -- eat a pie as quick as you can. The contestant who finishes the pie first is declared the LI Family Festival Pizza Eating Contest Champion for the day!
Admission to the contest is free. Winners will receive a free T-shirt, opportunities to win great prizes and a chance to scarf down the best pizza in town.
The Long Island Family Festival has become an annual tradition for Copiague and the Town of Babylon. This fun-filled family festival will take place on Friday, September 16 from 6-10 p.m. featuring live music, food and carnival), Saturday, September 17 from 11:00 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday, September 18 from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. (live music, food, carnival, vendors) along the seaside beach at Babylon’s beautiful Tanner Park in Copiague. Admission is free.
During this exciting weekend, Tanner Park will be magically transformed with plenty of amazing entertainment, events and surprises. Weekend highlights include:
- An exhilarating carnival with plenty of rides for children of all ages
- Live Musical entertainment will fill the air at the Festival beginning Friday evening and continuing through the weekend
- "Ocean View Art, Craft & Gift Show"
- Pet Expo in the Park with Pet Pavilion and Dog Performance Arena
- Corky’s International Haute Couture Canine Fashion Show (Saturday)
- Dachshund and Small Dog Derby
- All Aboard: Imagination on Track with Plenty of Train Themed Adventures
- Rock n’ Roll Racing: remote control NASCAR style slotless car racing
- Monster Truck Rides
- Drum & Bugle Corps Show
- Thrilling Human Hamster Ball Race
- Ventriloquist Jack Stein and his Sidekick Puppets Veteran Wally and Simba the Spectacular Sheepdog
- Streetwheelz Skateboard Exhibition
- Much, much more
The Long Island Family Festival is partially sponsored by the Suffolk County Executive's Office. Sponsors to date include Copiague Chamber of Commerce, Town of Babylon, Legislator DuWayne Gregory, Nightingale PR, Street Wheelz, Verizon, Tanner Park Beach Hut, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, Giannini Landscaping, Long Island Iced Tea, All Aboard Imagination on Track, D'Andrea Bros Funeral Home, Suffolk County National Bank, United Healthcare, Janet's Essentials, Viking, Hollywood Banners, Suffolk Federal, United Healthcare, F&D, Lindencrest Diner, Skyway Pest Management, Joe's Pizza and Peconic Bay Medical Center.
Media Sponsors include the Paramount, Long Island Media including LongIsland.com and Long Island Exchange, Fresh 102.7, South Bay's Newspapers, JVC Broadcasting including Party 105, La Fiesta, My Country 96.1, LI News Radio, Amityville Community Radio and Macaroni Kid.
For more information and timeline of activities go to www.lifamilyfestival.com