Patchogue, NY - September 5, 2015 - The Suffolk County Police Highway Patrol Bureau arrested 11 people and seized one vehicle during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in the Patchogue area.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Highway Patrol Bureau conducted a sobriety checkpoint on westbound Route 27 Sunrise Highway Service Road at Waverly Avenue, Patchogue. The operation was conducted for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while ability impaired by alcohol and drugs, particularly during the Labor Day holiday weekend. A total of 651 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Pil Young Yoo, 40, of St. James
- Kenneth Lindsay, 60, of Central Islip
- Richard Bocklet, 59, of Islip
- Heather Yutesler, 35, of Patchogue
- Emily Torrez, 21, of Islip Terrace
- George Ghossn, 54, of East Islip
- Leo Skorupski, 32, of Massapequa Park
- Francine Anzalone, 55, of Holbrook
- Danny Hernandez, 53, of Patchogue
The following people were arrested for Driving While Ability Impaired:
- Heriberto Gonzalez, 37, of Brentwood
- Kristine Schultz, 35, of North Massapequa. Schultz was additionally charged with Criminal Possession of Marijuana 5th Degree.
The above individuals will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on September 5.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.