Albany, NY - May 9, 2016 - Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the award of $6,081,700 to help 122 behavioral health providers that offer children’s services improve or develop their technological infrastructure. These funds, awarded statewide, will be used by providers to implement new technologies to launch or update their Medicaid billing infrastructure.
“This administration is committed to providing the best possible healthcare environment for our state’s children,” said Governor Cuomo. “As we transform and modernize the behavioral healthcare system, this funding will help providers utilize technology to streamline services and continue to improve the lives of young people across the state.”
This one-time funding will be used by providers to purchase technological infrastructure upgrades including electronic health record or billing software, new servers to support database systems, as well as computers, routers, and other hardware. The funding will also be used to educate staff on how to operate these new systems. Each selected provider will receive $49,850, and is under the jurisdiction of the Office of Mental Health and Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
“Upgrading technology will lead to new and improved services for children in New York State,” said New York State Office of Mental Health Commissioner Dr. Ann Marie Sullivan. “The transition to Managed Care and development of new Home and Community Based Services will expand the variety and scale of service options available to children with behavioral health service needs. It is of the utmost importance that the providers that comprise our system are well equipped to serve the children and families who rely upon their expert care.”
“Ensuring that our addiction treatment providers have up-to-date technology is vital to our mission of serving young people and families who are battling addiction,” said New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services Commissioner Arlene González-Sánchez. “As our treatment providers transition to managed care, these new funds will help our providers continue operations without interruption so that they can focus on provision of quality substance use disorder services and supports.”
This funding comes in addition to the $10 million in health information technology upgrades that the Governor recently announced for non-profit organizations statewide. Additional health information technology awards are expected to be made in the upcoming fiscal year.
The providers that are receiving funding are:
Capital Region - $697,900
- Albany County Department of Children, Youth & Families Mental Health
- Columbia County Department of Human Services
- Commission on Economic Opportunity
- Community Human Services
- Family Counseling Center, Inc.
- Greene County Community Service Board
- Hudson-Mohawk Recovery Center, Inc.
- Liberty Resources, Inc.
- Northeast Parent Child Society
- Parsons Child and Family Center
- Rensselaer County Unified Mental Health
- Schoharie County Community Services Board
- St. Catherine Center for Children
- Warren/Washington Mental Health
Central New York - $498,500
- Catholic Charities of Syracuse/Cortland Counties
- Catholic Charities of Oswego County
- Cayuga County Community Mental Health
- Confidential Help for Alcohol And Drugs, Inc.
- Consumer Services Madison County Mental Health
- County of Oswego Council on Alcoholism and Addictions, Inc.
- Family Counseling Services of Cortland County, Inc.
- Farnham, Inc. D/B/A Farnham Family Services
- Onondaga Case Management Services Mental Health
- Onondaga County Department of Mental Health
Finger Lakes - $697,900
- Compeer Rochester, Inc.
- Council on Alcohol and Substance Abuse of Livingston County, Inc.
- Delphi Drug and Alcohol Council, Inc.
- Finger Lakes Addictions Counseling and Referral Agency, Inc.
- Genesee County Mental Health Services
- Hillside Children’s Center
- Huther-Doyle Memorial Institute, Inc.
- Livingston County Mental Health
- Orleans County Department of Mental Health
- RU System, Inc. - Active Parent Corporation for PRCD, Inc.
- Schuyler County Community Service Board
- Villa of Hope
- Wayne County Community Service Board
- Wayne County Action Program, Inc.
Long Island - $747,750
- Community Counseling Services of West Nassau, Inc.
- Family and Children's Association
- Family Service League Suffolk County
- Hispanic Counseling Center, Inc.
- Huntington Youth Bureau Youth Development Research Institute
- Long Beach Reach, Inc.
- Long Island Families Together
- North Shore Child and Family Guidance Association, Inc.
- Pederson Krag Center, Inc.
- Peninsula Counseling Center, Inc.
- South Shore Child Guidance Association Incorporated, Inc.
- Southeast Nassau Guidance Center, Inc.
- St. Christopher-Ottilie
- Tempo Group, Inc.
- Youth Environmental Services, Inc.
Mid-Hudson - $847,450
- Action Toward Independence, Inc.
- Association for Mentally Ill Children
- Astor Home for Children
- Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse of Sullivan County, Inc.
- Daytop Village, Inc.
- Family Empowerment Council, Inc.
- Family of Woodstock, Inc.
- Family Services of Westchester Inc.
- Family Ties of Westchester
- Green Chimneys Child Services
- HONORehg, Inc.
- Mental Health Association of Westchester
- Mental Health Association of Ulster County
- Orange County Rehab Occupations
- Saint Dominic’s Home
- Sullivan County Department of Community Services
- Westchester Jewish Community Services
Mohawk Valley - $348,950
- Catholic Charities of Livingston County
- Center for Family Life and Recovery, Inc.
- Insight House Chemical Dependency Services, Inc.
- Neighborhood Center, Inc.
- Otsego County Community Services Board
- Schoharie County Community Action Program
- The Family Resource Network
New York City - $648,050
- Child Center of NY
- Coalition for Hispanic Family Services
- Dynamic Youth Community, Inc.
- Families on the Move Of NYC, Inc.
- Jewish Board of Family and Children Services
- Jewish Child Care Association
- Lifeline Center For Child Development
- MASK (Mothers Aligned Saving Kids)
- Mental Health Association of NYC
- NAMI of NYC, Inc.
- Phoenix Houses of New York, Inc.
- St Luke’s- Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Young Men's Christian Association of Greater New York
North Country - $448,650
- Behavioral Health Services North, Inc.
- Catholic Charities of Ogdensburg
- Champlain Valley Family Center for Drug Treatment and Youth Services
- Citizen Advocates, Inc.
- Clinton County Community Services
- Families First in Essex County Mental Health
- Northern Regional Center for Independent Living
- St. Lawrence County Community Services Board
- Transitional Living Services of Northern New York
Southern Tier - $548,350
- Alcohol and Drug Council of Tompkins County, Inc.
- Allegany Council on Alcoholism and Substance Abuse, Inc.
- Catholic Charities Broome County
- Chenango County Mental Health
- Delaware County Department of Mental Health
- Elmira Glove House, Inc.
- Finger Lakes Parent Network, Inc.
- Ithaca Alpha House Center, Inc. D/B/A Cayuga Addiction Recovery
- Pathways, Inc.
- The Children’s Home of Wyoming Conference
- Tompkins County Community Mental Health Service Board
Western New York - $598,200
- Allegany County Community Services Mental Health
- Cattaraugus County Department of Mental Health
- Cattaraugus Rehab Center
- Chautauqua County Department of Mental Hygiene
- Child & Family Services Erie County
- Children's Mental Health Coalition of Western New York
- Council on Addiction Recovery Services, Inc.
- Families Child Advocacy Network, Inc.
- Gateway Longview
- Mental Health Association in Niagara County
- Mid-Erie Mental Health Services, Inc. D/B/A Mid Erie Counseling
- New Directions Youth & Family Services