Suffolk County, NY - January 7th, 2014 - Suffolk County Police Pattern Crime Unit detectives are investigating a series of robberies that have occurred during the past month at various commercial locations.
Since December 9, 2013, 14 businesses have been robbed, including six that have occurred at Subway restaurants. The robberies take place between 7 p.m. and midnight. The suspect, who is armed with a handgun during the robberies, is described as male, possibly Hispanic, between 5 feet, 6 inches and 5 feet, 10 inches tall who wears a hooded sweatshirt, dark-colored scarf and mask covering his face. The suspect steals cash and flees the scene on foot.
The suspect is believed to be responsible for the following robberies:
- Mobil on the Run, located at 3239 Sunrise Highway, Islip Terrace, on January 7
- Subway, located at 600-7 Portion Road, Lake Ronkonkoma, on January 5
- Subway, located at 173 Smithtown Blvd., Nesconset, on January 3
- 7-Eleven, located at 2810 Route 112, Medford, on January 3
- Royal Market, located 451 Glen Drive, Shirley, on January 2
- Carvel, located at 536 Main St., Center Moriches, on January 1
- Hess, located at 1801 North Ocean Ave., Medford, on December 31
- Subway, located at 600 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on December 29
- Subway, located at 402 Route 112, North Patchogue, on December 28
- Hess Express, located at 440 Portion Road, Ronkonkoma, on December 26
- Sunoco, located at 3423 Route 112, Coram, on December 25
- Hess, located at 3203 Route 112, Medford, December 15
- Subway, located at 2920 Route 112, Medford, on December 11
- Subway, located at 2920 Route 112, Medford, on December 9
Anyone with information about these incidents is asked to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls will remain confidential.
Incident: Suspect Sought in Armed Robbery Pattern
Location: Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth and Seventh Precincts
Date/Time: December 9, 2013 to January 7, 2014