One of the oldest golf courses on Long Island, this 18-hole private golf club is the home of the famous “Nassau Bet” and the place where Bobby Jones first used his famous “Calamity Jane.” It opened in 1896 as a 9-hole course and was known as the Queens County Golf Club. Today’s course sits about one mile from the original and has enjoyed improvements by distinguished architects such as Devereux Emmet, Seth Raynor, Herbert Strong and Cynthia Dye McGarey. Golfers can play from a choice of four tees, the longest being 6,648 yards with a par value of 70. The course contains a water hazard, moderate sand bunkers, rolling hills, flat fairways and medium-size, undulating and elevated greens. This popular golf facility has hosted many tournaments, including the 1914 U.S. Women’s Amateur Championship. It is scheduled to host this event once again in 2014, exactly 100 years later.