Maybe you are going to Times Square or at a friend's house, no matter what you will be doing this New Year's Eve, you and everyone should return safely home. If you plan ahead and use your common sense, you will have a great time and keep yourself safe.
The holiday season is a very dangerous time on the roads due to slippery and drunk driving. There are many ways to try to avoid an accident or getting hurt.
- Travel in Numbers: Many parties will have many people and it is better to stay together. Do not allow members of your party to go off with strangers.
- Watch Your Drink: If you put it down and walk away, consider your drink gone. Who knows who could have picked it up or put something in it? Remember, there is no shame bringing your drink to the bathroom with you.
- Know Your Limits: Everyone wants to enjoy themselves, but know your limit. You do not want to become a burden on others and should at least remember what you did during the night.
- Charge Your Phone and Put It in Energy Saver Mode: If you are traveling with others or going to drive home, be sure to have a full charge and use your phone sparingly. Some bars offer charging stations for a price, but why should you be worrying about a charging phone when you should be having fun?
- Have a Designated Driver: If you are taking a car with your party, someone has to abstain from drinking for the night. This will ensure that everyone will get home safely.
Have a Taxi Number in Your Phone and Memorized: If your designated driver drinks and no one is your party is sober, do not drive drunk! Your car is not worth more than your life. Below is a list of taxi companies you can call. If all else fails, have a staff member at your venue call one for you.
- Farmingdale Taxi Service - (516) 249-1212
- Long Island Yellow Cab - (631) 226-0600
- Sunset Taxi - (631) 669-4200
- Taxi Las Americas - (631) 206-5555
- Tracy-Bosch Taxi - (631) 669-0900
So, have fun and be safe this New Year's Eve!
Where will you be celebrating this New Year's Eve? Tell us in the comments below!