'Twas two nights before Christmas
And thru the coliseum
Not a creature was stirring
'Except the goal judges.
The ice was all cleaned
By the Zamboni with care
With the anthem just song
Came hopes of a win, which would hopefully come
With the fans all scrunched in their seats
Those visions of good play
Were put quickly to sleep.
The two teams came onto the ice
Dressed one in white,
The other in blue.
And showed how a game is played
When defense is a non-issue
The First goal came at just 1:23
It wasn't so pretty
But if gave the Isles the lead
The lead wouldn't stand
As the blue jackets would score
A powerplay goal.
The game would continue
On thru the night
Ugly goals scored, left and right
Without even a single fight.
The final horn would blow
With the Islanders below
By a pair of goals
And so it goes
But we heard Mike exclaim;
Ere they skated off ice
"Better play better, Or the coach is iced."
1) Penalty Killing for both teams was horrible. Columbus killed off 1 of 3 and the Islanders killed off only 2 of 5
2) Defensive play - There was none
3) Clean offensive play - There wasn't too much of it either
4) Beezer seemed a bit shakey, but it could have also been because he was scared since the defense was playing so poorly in front of him.
1) Taylor Pyatt's play along the board and in front of the net got him another goal.
2) Garry Galley had a goal and an assist.
3) Zdeno Chara had a pretty good game and finished +1 on the night.