The East Hampton Library collection gives the below description of these photographs.
Two photographs of Cedar Island Lighthouse. One image focuses on just the lighthouse, the second shows a man at the edge of a pier, with the lighthouse in the background. The man's clothing suggests the photograph was taken before 1920, and the lighthouse was built in 1868. The photographs include a note "given by Mrs. E. A. Hall Done by W.W. Tooker, 1938." Tooker died in 1917, which suggests the photograph was taken between 1868 and 1917.
Photo: For educational use only. Please credit: The East Hampton Library, Long Island Collection. For any other use, please contact The Long Island Collection, East Hampton Library, 159 Main St., East Hampton, NY 11937. 631-324-0222 x 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
W. W. Tooker was William Wallace Tooker, an early Sag Harbor photographer, anthropologist, and pharmacist. Tooker lived from 1848 to 1917. Prior to the hurricane of 1938, Cedar Point was an island. The hurricane filled the channel area between the island and the shore with sand, creating a spit of land that currently connects Cedar Point lighthouse to land.