Lake Grove, NY (September 18, 2020) — Urban Air Lake Grove, the only indoor adventure park of its kind on Long Island, will re-open for business on September 26 at 11am, more than six months after it voluntarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, with new cleaning and health protocols, creating a fun and safe indoor play experience for kids and families.
Located at 3147 Middle Country Road, Lake Grove, NY 11755 behind the Smith Haven Mall, the 48,000 sq. ft. indoor Adventure Park will include the Urban Air Sky Rider Indoor Coaster, a winding track that has young thrill-seekers flying along 30 feet in the air.
“The last six months have been extraordinarily challenging for kids and families. Kids want a place of their own to reclaim their sense of adventure and excitement,” said Urban Air Lake Grove co-owner David Wolmetz. “New Yorkers have proven we know how to get out into the world in a way that protects everyone’s health. We’re looking forward to hearing the park filled with laughter again.”
The park has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, including the play spaces, bathrooms and food service areas. Among the new health and safety protocols being put into place:
- The park will operate at 25 percent capacity, with a new e-commerce ticketing system managing two-hour timed entry for all guests. Tickets are purchased online in advance.
- To encourage social distancing, tickets will be offered for purchase at the door on a capacity only basis.
- Guests will be given colored wrist bands corresponding to the time on their tickets and Urban Air staff will monitor the process to ensure all guests are able to safely experience the park and exit at their appointed time.
- All Urban Air Lake Grove staff will submit to daily temperature checks, wear masks and practice frequent hand washing.
- All guests will submit to temperature checks upon entry to the park and in compliance with NYS requirements, will wear masks while in the park.
- Hand sanitizer kiosks have been installed throughout the park.
- Every hour, play spaces and high touch areas will be wiped down and guests will be urged to use hand sanitizer. All individual-use attractions are wiped down after each use.
- A new Urban Cafe ordering app is available to limit human to human transaction around food items. Guests can order on their phones and pick up when ready.
- Plexiglass barriers and social distancing have been installed at ALL point of sale registers.
- Tables and chairs are all spaced six feet apart in accordance with social distancing protocols.
- The park HVAC system has been upgraded with MERV-13 anti-microbial filters, as suggested by NYS re-opening guidance.
“We have been working with the local officials and with guidance from the CDC to develop an appropriate reopening plan for Urban Air Lake Grove. After careful consideration, we decided to reopen our park with new health, physical distancing and capacity protocols and new ticketing procedures,” said Keith Handler, Co-Owner of Urban Air Lake Grove. “We believe in the power of enriching lives and creating joy through healthy, active play, and we have been working tirelessly to prepare to welcome you back into a clean, safe and fun family environment. We have always maintained stringent cleaning procedures that we are proud of and we’ve heightened our standards and protocols to keep you and our employees healthy and safe.”
Urban Air Adventure Park is a unique destination for Lake Grove and the surrounding residents of Smithtown, Centereach, Stony Brook, St. James, Setauket, Port Jeff, and Mt. Sinai.
In addition to the wall-to-wall trampoline adventures, adrenaline junkies will thrill to experience the following attractions:
- High Ropes, an obstacle course in the sky;
- Spin Zone Bumper Cars, where you can bump into your friends and send them into an uncontrolled spin;
- The Drop Zone, an enormous inflatable landing pad perched below a series of trampolines;
- The Runway Tumble Track, a unique attraction for flips, handsprings and cartwheels;
- The Slam Dunk Zone, which allows guests to emulate their favorite basketball heroes with a trampoline-induced slam dunk of their own; and
- Urban Air’s exclusive Urban Warrior Course™ and Battle Beam.
Urban Air also features the Urban Café, with food, drinks and snacks available for purchase. The location is available for birthday parties, corporate retreats, team building and private events.
PHOTOS attached. Credit Urban Air Lake Grove. More photo and video: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yRPayMckIHi1HP2QDwKfzMPFUBy9jMQE?usp=sharing
URBAN AIR ADVENTURE PARK
Urban Air is the Nation’s #1 destination for family fun, featuring a variety of attractions perfect for all ages. Urban Air Adventure Park is the perfect venue for birthday parties for kids, youth groups, church gatherings, corporate events or a day out for some family fun. For more information on the company and franchising opportunities, visit www.UrbanAirParks.com. Urban Air has won numerous awards and accolades that have made them the number one choice by families.
· Best Gym In America For Kids by SHAPE Magazine
· Voted Best Entertainment Venue by Indulge Luxury Lifestyle Magazine