With the weather staying hot, many Long Islanders are looking for a way to stay cool this summer. Pools are a great way to cool off and stay in shape. Some Long Islanders are lucky enough to have pools in their own backyards, but not many Islanders have pools.
Understandably, pools are expensive and a little difficult to maintain. If you have one, you know how wonderful and rewarding your pool is. But, there is relief for Long Islanders who do not have pools: public pools!
There are various benefits of public pools. The major benefit is that you do not have to maintain it. With sections for kids and adults, you can cool off and get exercise.
So check out a public pool in your area! Be sure you call ahead and are capable of going. Some pools are only for town residents.
- Echo Park Indoor Pool - West Hempstead
- Eisenhower Park: The Nassau County Aquatic Center - East Meadow
- Freeport Recreation Center - Freeport
- Michael J. Tully Jr. Park: Aquatic Activity Center - New Hyde Park
- Cantiague Park - Hicksville
- Christopher Morley Park - Roslyn
- Forest City Community Park - Wantagh
- Hewlett Point Park - Bay Park
- Jones Beach State Park - Wantagh
- Newbridge Road Park - Bellmore
- Nickerson Beach Park & Campground - Lido Beach
- North Woodmere Park - North Woodmere
- Ocean Beach Park - Long Beach
- Oceanside Park - Oceanside
- Plainview Old Bethpage Community Park - Plainview
- Whitney Pond Park - Manhasset
- Mastic Pool/Brookhaven Aquatic Center - Mastic Beach
- Montauk Downs State Park - Montauk
- Wildwood State Park - Wading River
Where do you like to cool off during the summer? Tell us in the comments below!