New Year’s resolutions are all about bringing about a new and better life for yourself, those close to you and the world at large. Many, if not most, of us are in a job that we find unchallenging or not in a field of our interest, leaving us dissatisfied and stressed. Or are you apart of the 7.4% of unemployed Long Islanders looking to find the perfect job for you or at the very least, you want to find the first stepping stone to begin the journey to a fulfilling career. You’re not alone in this and plenty of people and organizations are ready to help you. Please consult the following list of temp agencies, career counselors and resume writers on Long Island that will get you connected with an employer looking to utilize your skills.
1. ASAP Temporaries – ASAP Temporaries is a full service personal placement organization working around the clock to place office and warehouse personnel, both temporary and permanent. Using a computerized bank of applicants allows ASAP to respond quickly and efficiently to requests, providing clients in the fields of medicine, education, research and development, hospitality and manufacturing.
2. Nationwide Staffing, 300 Wheeler Road, Hauppauge – (631) 234-2700
Nationwide Staffing helps technically oriented people find positions that are both challenging and rewards. Jobs include programming, system administrator, engineering, technician, systems operator. Permanent and contract positions are available to fit your needs.
3. Office Team, 522 RexCorp Plaza, 5th Floor West Tower, Uniondale – 1-866-873-3684
Office Team specializes in the placement of highly skilled office and administrative support professionals on temporary and temp-to-full-time basis. Their global database includes over 2 millions candidates. Their resources, experience and expertise will help land you the job you’ve been looking for.
4. NESCO Resource, 35 Pinelawn Road, Melville – (631) 423-2600
NESCO Resource has been working for over 50 years to help match talent workers with great career opportunities by taking the time to understand the individual needs of job seekers and employers, striving to develop long-term working relationships. Areas of interest lay in engineering, accounting and finance, administrative work, information technology, manufacturing and customer service.
5. Lloyd Staffing, 445 Broadhollow Road, Melville – (631) 777-7600
Lloyd Staffing have been successfully providing employment for people skilled in the demands of the current marketplace for over 40 years. Services include temporary and contingent staffing, retained and contingency search, outsourced solutions and career placement resources.
6. Solomon Page Group, 330 Motor Parkway, Suite 303, Hauppauge – (631) 870-6530
Solomon Page ground has been working since 1990 as a specialty niche provider of staffing and project based solutions, executive search, contingency full time placement and outsourcing. Solomon Page Group has five functional and four industry practices. Their focus is on providing flexible and value added staffing solutions building long term relationships based on trust, respect and consistent delivery of excellent results.
7. Labor Ready, 35 Main Street, Unit A, Hempstead – (516) 485-4777
Labor Ready places approximately 400,000 temporary associates to jobs in construction, manufacturing, hospitality, events, restoration, auto services, logistics and warehousing, retail support, waste and recycling and so much more. Many businesses throughout the United States and Canada rely on Labor Ready to find dependable workers.
8. Long Island Job Finder, 3237 Route 112, Suite 9, Medford– (631) 696-8668
The Long Island Job Finder is the area’s #1 Weekly Employment Newspaper & Website for over 10 years through help wanted advertising. It is disturbed weekly and is totally free. You can visit the website or find copies in most major supermarkets, state unemployment offices, LIRR train stations, diners, delis, and public libraries.
9. Careers by Choice, 205 East Main Street, Suite 2-4, Huntington – (631) 673-5432
MJ Field, a regionally recognized career counselor and resume writer, is the brains behind Careers by Choice. Field’s has a Master’s degree in career counseling and will help you identify and pursue work that energizes you, suits your abilities and meets any of your desires relating to salary, benefits, work hours, location, and opportunities for advancement. Services include resume and cover letter writing, career couseling, interview preparation, and career coaching.
10. Career Counselors, 205 Main Street, Suite 2, Huntington – (631) 360-6300
Career Counselors has been helping its client find job for over 25 years. Their provide services include permanent placement/direct hire, temporary staffing/contract, temporary-to-hire/temp-to-perm and executive recruiting. Considered a “one-stop staffing solution,” Career Counselors will hold you fulfill your working needs properly and quickly.