Melville, NY - September 20, 2016 - Every year, the Over 50 Fair has a diverse group of classes to interest and entertain Long Island’s Baby Boomers and seniors. This year’s edition has doctors, a psychic, and an 81 year old yogi.
Attendees will discover many of the classes at this event cannot be found anywhere else. They cover subjects including Health – Tai Chi, Facial Rejuvenation, Hyaluronic Acid; New Age experiences - Reiki, Astrology; and Finance – Social Security, Medicare, Reverse Mortgages.
The speakers include:
- Dr. Jonathan Klonsky of Northwell Health Bariatric Surgical Services at Syosset Hospital will run a class on Weight Loss Surgery.
- Stephanie Schiff, Registered Dietician, Northwell Health Nutritional Services will promote “Healthy Living at Huntington Hospital.”
- Josephine C. Peterson, MPH, Northwell Cancer Center Institute will cover "I Don’t Want to be a Guinea Pig: Understanding the Benefits of Cancer Clinical Trials.”
- Dr. Dilip D. Madnani, MD FACS of Madnani Facial Plastics will discuss Current Techniques in Facial Rejuvenation.
- Dr. Sergey Kalitenko, a physician specializing in holistic and functional medicine, will speak about Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
- Bernard Macias, AARP Associate State Director, will deliver a talk entitled “For Your Self – AARP Life Reimagined Check Up."
- Winter Brook, Psychic/Medium, will do a group psychic reading. At last year’s Over 50 Fair, her class was the most attended.
- Edith Jason, E-RYT 500, 300 Hour Advanced Teacher of Therapeutic Yoga, and 81 years old, will once again teach her popular “Feel Good Yoga” class.
Photo Credit: Barbara Kaplan.
Over 50 Fair founder Barbara Kaplan encourages interested parties to go to www.Over50Fair.com, which features information about this year’s upcoming event on Sunday, September 25 from from 10:00 - 4:30 at the Melville Marriott, 1350 Old Walt Whitman Road, Melville, New York.
The Over 50 Fair is “OVERflowing with Opportunities for Age 50+” and features a singles lounge, charity food drive to benefit The INN, and beauty queens including Dolores Hofman, Ms. New York Senior America 2016.
Admission, which includes access to all exhibits and classes, valet parking, health screenings, and more, is $6 online and $8 at the door. Admission, as always, is free for Veterans.
Sponsors for this year’s Fair are Northwell Health, AARP, Madnani Facial Plastics, 25A Magazine, LongIsland.com and 516Ads.com.
For answers to questions about the Fair, call Barbara Kaplan at 516-621-1446.