Smithtown, NY - July 10, 2015 - A summer tradition returned to Smithtown on July 9 with music filling the night air and hundreds of people sitting on the lawn of the main branch of the Smithtown Library to enjoy a series of Thursday night concerts featuring tribute bands during the months of July and August.
“It is my privilege to obtain a county grant through the Suffolk County Office of Economic Development to support the Friends of the Smithtown Library in providing free family entertainment to the residents of Smithtown,” said Legislator Rob Trotta. “Last year, more than 20,000 people attended the concerts,” Trotta added.
On Thursday, July 16, Henry Haid and his Billy Joel Tribute Band, Glass Houses, are scheduled to perform. They starred on Broadway in the musical “Movin’ Out.”
The concert schedule is as follows:
- July 23 The Rockinghams – Hits from the 60’s and 70’s
- July 30 Rod Stewart Tribute Band with Rick Larrimore
- August 6 Tom Petty – Fleetwood Mac & Stevie Nicks with Petty Rumours
- Augst13 80’s Show & Cars Tribute Band with Drive
- August 20 At Kings Park - The Pretenders & 80’s Hits with Talk of the Town
- August 27 Rain date at Smithtown
The concerts are held every Thursday evening at 8pm on the front lawn of the main branch of the Smithtown Library and on August 20 at the Kings Park Library. Please bring a chair or blanket for seating.
Pictured: Suffolk County Legislator Rob Trotta with Caitlin Beirne of St. James who sang the National Anthem.