Nathan's Famous will be hosting its New York qualifier for its annual Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest on Long Island in May.
The qualifier is open to all Long Islanders and will take place on Thursday, May 9 at 5:30 pm at Bethpage Ballpark at 3 Court House Drive in Cental Islip.
The top male and female contenders will quaslify for a seat at the Nathan's International Hot Dog Eating Contest in COney Island this Fourth of July.
Top Ranked competitive eaters at the event include:
- Joey Chestnut from Fulton County, KY (#1 ranked)
- Geoffrey Esper from Oxford, MA (#3 ranked)
- George Chiger from Pocono Pines, PA (#18 ranked)
- Eric 'Badlands Booker' from Selden, NY (#23-ranked)
- Larell Marie Mele from Long Pond, PA (#31-ranked)
"The launch of the Nathan's Famous hot dog-eating contest circuit means that we are on our way toward the most exciting day of the year: July 4," Phil McCann, Senior Director of Marketing of Nathan's Famous, said. "We are seeking new talent in Long Island to represent our nation on the most patriotic day of the year."
Registration for the Central Islip qualifier is now closed. Those interested in more information should visit majorleagueeating.com.
All competitors must be over 18 years of age.