Glen Head, NY - January 18th, 2015 - The Third Squad reports the details of an arrest for Burglary that occurred on Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 12:46 am in Glen Head.
According to detectives, 911 received a call for a burglary alarm at St. Hyacinth Church, 319 Cedar Swamp Road. Upon arrival, police observed the defendant Denis Alvarado, 29, of Jackson Street, Hempstead exiting the rear of the church. The defendant then ran into a wooded area to escape police. After a foot pursuit Glen Cove Police Department apprehended the defendant and placed him under arrest without further incident.
After an investigation by Third Squad detectives it was determined that defendant Alvarado was responsible for the following burglaries:
- February 10, 2013 – St. Hyacinth Church, Glen Head. Proceeds were a guitar and a pair of column speakers.
- March 2, 2014 – St. Aidan’s Church – 505 Willis Avenue, Williston Park where a television was removed from the alter.
- November 14, 2014 – St. Patrick’s Church – 235 Glen Street, Glen Cove. Proceeds were an IPad, a computer hard drive and an Apple computer.
- December 1, 2014 – St. Hyacinth Church, Glen Head. Proceeds were an undetermined amount of US currency from the poor boxes and assorted clothing and home goods.
- December 21, 2014 – St. Hyacinth Church, Glen Head. Proceeds were an undetermined amount of US currency from five poor boxes.
- January 18, 2015 – St. Hyacinth Church, Glen Head. Proceeds were an undetermined amount of US currency from the poor boxes.
The defendant is being charged with 6 counts of Burglary 3rd Degree and will be arraigned on Monday, January 19, 2015 at First District Court, Hempstead.