Before you head out for a fun night on the town to ring in the New Year, make sure that you have all of your New Year’s Eve bases covered! There’s a lot to consider before going out on one of the biggest party nights of the year. From reliable, sober transportation to next-morning hangover cures, we have you covered!
Check out these suggestions from our last minute New Year’s Eve Guide!
New Year’s Eve Checklist
- Make Reservations. If you’re planning on going out to dinner, or to a New Year’s Eve event, you should call ahead and make reservations. New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest party nights of the year, you don’t want to miss out on going out this year over something silly like forgetting to make a reservation.
- Hire a Babysitter. Quick! Before all of the good ones are taken! Hire a babysitter and make sure your kids are well taken care of so you can go out, enjoy yourself and not worry the whole time you’re out.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes. Even if you plan on dressing to the nines for New Year’s Eve make sure your feet are comfortable in whichever pair of shoes you choose. Remember, you have to wear them until at least midnight!
- Choose a Designated Driver. Whether it’s a parent, friend who isn’t drinking, or a designated driving service, be sure that you and those around you are safe and have a sober ride home.
New Year’s Morning Checklist
- Hydrate Yourself. After a long night of drinking make sure you go to bed with a nice, tall glass of water at your bedside. You can hydrate in the middle of the night if you need to, or later on in the morning.
- Examine Your Purse or Pockets. Make sure that you have everything you left with last night, like your cell phone, credit cards, photo identification, etc. If something is missing make sure you call the places you visited pronto, to see if they are there.
- Check Your Bank Account & Activity. Make sure you didn’t go overboard last night. In the midst of all of the fun it’s easy to forget about over drafting but if you catch it early you can make sure enough money is in your account to cover it so you won’t be charged a fee from your bank.
- Eat Something. Now is the time to get in some sustenance, amino acids and electrolytes. Bananas, spinach, eggs, oats, even Miso soup, are all great foods to help battle a hangover and get you feeling back to normal.