1. Allow extra time for activities and projects to accommodate unexpected delays.
2. Catch up on your reading while you wait for appointments. Audio cassettes of an educational or motivational nature are a great way to make use of your time while driving to work.
3. Use a greeting card organizer to remember birthdays, anniversaries and other special events. These look like a notebook, except that each page has a monthly pocket to
hold cards. You can pencil in birthdays, events, etc. for each month, plus, you can purchase your cards ahead of time.
4. Copy your car and house keys and keep duplicates with trusted people, in case you get locked out of your house or car.
5. Designate a place for your keys, wallet and items you use daily so you will not have to look for them when you are ready to leave the house.
6. Establish routines and check lists
7. Get the children off to school more quickly by preparing as much as possible the night before: choosing outfits, deciding what they want to eat for breakfast or lunch, determining what they need for school.
8. Group activities together. Save time by making all of your outgoing telephone calls together, taking care of all your errands at once, etc.
9. Keep driving directions in your computer. Not only directions to your home to give to friends but also of places you have been so you will not need to ask for directions again.
10. Plan telephone calls (whether to doctors, plumbers, clients, etc.) whenever possible. Have all necessary materials in front of you. Write key questions down in advance.
11. Plan your meals before you write out your shopping list. It will save time because you'll know exactly what you need.
12. Realize that you can't do everything. Delegate in the office and at home. To use an effective delegation system, you must train, entrust, follow-up and evaluate.
13. Use only one calendar. Keep personal, professional and family items on one calendar. It will help to eliminate scheduling conflicts.
14. Use your most productive time to do your most productive work. Alert in the morning? Afternoon? Tackle your most difficult, important work during the time of day when
you're at your best and you're most likely to complete it.
- Real Estate