By John Brouillard
As a business owner you look for cost saving efficiency and solutions for your business. You purchased your computer(s) assuming that your investment would reap such rewards. Yet, you find computers cumbersome, less productive than you imagined and about as useful as an old Smith Corona typewriter. Well, remember, it's not always the PC, it's how you use it.
We've all heard the expression, "The right tools for the right job." Well, imagine trying put a screw in a wall with a hammer. You could do it, but will the result be the desired one? Well the same goes for computing! You've got the computer, but do you have the right tools. Here, we will examine software and other solutions that might make your daily computing tasks more reliable, efficient, and effective.
What's more important to a business than the people who drive its success - THE CUSTOMER. So the most important function is to maintain your contacts in an open and secure database. This database must be upgradeable, expandable, and easy to use. So what's BREWLLY'S PICK? ACT! 2000. That's right folks, the once Symantec owned ACT has come a long way since its inception. Now owned by Interact Commerce Corp., ACT has become the number one selling contacts management database in the U.S. Its powerful but easy to use interface makes it the #1 choice for tracking contacts and the vital information relating to them. Let's look at why ACT! 2000 may be right for you.
1. Easy to install with GUI (Graphic User Interface) wizards.
2. Graphical navigation bars for easily accessing data.
3. Customizable fields as well as additional field entries to easily customize ACT for your needs.
4. Built in templates reporting sales information, scheduling and time tracking.
5. Keyword searches to quickly find data.
6. Send and receive e-mail through ACT using Outlook and file them with the related contact.
7. Attach files, memos, documents, faxes, etc . . to each contact.
8. Create contact groups relating to Interest, Company, Project, etc. . .
9. Scheduling with calendars for meetings, phone calls, etc . . .
10. Import/Export data from your Palm Pilot and cell phone.
11. Get news and stock quotes about your contacts.
12. Get driving directions to your contacts.
13. Over 20 add-on programs to enhance ACT's capabilities.
Read more about ACT! at:
Review ACT add-ons at:
Trial Download for ACT!
*IN OUR NEXT ISSUE* (Next update May 25, 2001)
BREWLLY'S PICK for accounting software.
(* For additional information, questions, or comments, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org *)