Top Ten on Long Island
By Hannah M.
Published: May 04 2012
Most people think that Cinco de Mayo is the day of celebration for Mexican independence. This is actually incorrect.
Most people think that Cinco de Mayo is the day of celebration for Mexican independence. This is actually incorrect. Cinco de Mayo commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army against the French forces in the state of Puebla in 1862. The proper day of Mexican Independence is actually September 16, 1810, when Mexico declared its independence from Spain. Even so, Cinco de Mayo has become a day acknowledging Mexican heritage and pride. To celebrate, many Mexican eateries offer specials on classic Mexican dishes and drink specials, specifically on tequila, margaritas and Corona. Partake in the festivities by visiting these Mexican restaurants on Saturday. Visit our Events Calendar to find other special Cinco de Mayo events.
1. Caracara Mexican Grill will have food and drink specials as well as a live band playing from 9:30pm on.
354 Main Street, Farmingdale – (516) 777-2272
2. Pancho’s Cantina will be celebrating all weekend long, with drink and food specials plus prizes, and gift certificates. Food and tequila tasting will be held Friday night and a physic and a master Chinese paper cutter will make an appearance.
4245 Austin Boulevard, Island Park – (516) 897-8300
3. K. Pacho will have different drink specials every hour starting at 1pm plus top 40 music and an appearance from K. Pacho’s son.
1270 Union Turnpike, New Hyde Park – (516) 358-2222
4. Besito will be offering festive specials in celebrate of Cinco de Mayo.
1516 Old Northern Boulevard, Roslyn – (516) 484-3001
402 New York Avenue, Huntington – (631) 549-0100
5. Quetzalcoatl is celebrating Cinco de Mayo by offering free samples of classic Mexican dishes and Tequila tastings plus live music and room to dance!
296 Main Street, Huntington – (631) 427-7834
6. You’ll find drink specials such as half price margaritas all day and live music at Del Fuego.
429 North Country Road, St. James – (631) 963-6900
7. Play “Pick the Tail of the Donkey” at Maria’s and enter to win prizes while listening to live music all day. Plus drink specials!
211 Smithtown Boulevard, Nesconset – (631) 979-7724
8. Navy Beach will have food and drink specials at the bar from 12pm-5pm.
16 Navy Road, Montauk – (631) 668-6868
9. Phao Restaurant will be celebrating with drink specials starting at 10:30pm and a DJ spinning music all night long.
29 Main Street, Sag Harbro – (631) 725-0101
10. Baja Grill will have plenty of drink specials to help celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
1920 Jericho Tpke, East Northport - (631) 462-2252
20 E Main St Smithtown - (631) 979-2252
Advertise With Us