Correction - April 28, 2014 - The Lizard Lounge hosts various karaoke nights on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday; not Wednesday as originally reported.
Original Story - April 28, 2014 - There are many different nightly venues of fun that Long Islanders can partake in on the island. With so much to do, it can be overwhelming or you might be stuck in a mundane routine. So, trying karaoke might be the cure to your routine and a great way to enjoy a evening out with friends.
Literally meaning "empty orchestra" in Japanese, karaoke is exactly its translation. With just a music and lyrics on a television or monitor, people can sing along with the music for the entertainment of others.
Various karaoke events are taking place on the idea, so be sure to check them out!
- Thursday Karaoke in Islip - Medley's Restaurant - Islip - Every Thursday through July 31st
Karaoke at the Nest - The Nest Bar & Lounge - East Meadow - Every Monday through August 25th.
- Phat Daddy's Pub - Oceanside - Thursdays
- Off Key Tikki Bar - Patchogue
- Vintage Lounge - Levittown - Wednesdays
- Cassidy's - Bellmore - Tuesdays
- E.B. Elliot's - Freeport - Wednesdays
- Grafton Street Pub - Hauppuage - Wednesdays and Fridays
- Eleanor's Lounge - Bohemia - Thursdays
- Arthur Avenue - Smithtown
- The Nutty Irishman - Bayshore
- Deer Park Bowl - Deer Park - Saturdays
- Viva Juan - Selden - Fridays and Saturdays
- Lizard Lounge - Bohemia - Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
- Micky Mo's Cafe - Lynbrook
- Whales Tails - Long Beach
Do you know any karaoke nights in your area? Where do you like to go and sing your heart out? Tell us in the comments below!