Many Long Islanders are enjoying the warmer weather that we have been having these past few days. Some of us are probably discovering some extra weight we might have put on over the summer. There is nothing to be ashamed of, we had to keep ourselves warm for the winter!
So, now that is it getting nicer outside, we are more likely to be willing to get into shape. Some people get their motivation by going to a gym, but sometimes gyms are not for everyone. Whether it is the cost or the stigma, not everyone is a gym person. Luckily, there are local events and outdoor activities.
Here are just a few local events in our events calendar. These events are for the young and old, so give one of them a try!
- Zumba Dance for Seniors - West Islip Senior Center - West Islip - Mar. 24
- Yoga for Adults - Robert E. Reid Sr. Recreation Center - Shoreham - Mondays and Wednesdays
- Yoga for Everybody - Hampton Bays Public Library - Hampton Bay - Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Gentle Bends - Women's Center of Huntington - Huntington - Mondays and Wednesdays
- Youth Self Defense - Modern Warrior - Lindenhurst - Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Fitness Seminar - Sayville Running Company - Sayville - Mar. 26
- Zumba Gold - Hampton Bays Public Library - Hampton Bays - Wednesdays
Here are some great activities you can do in addition to the events:
So, get active this Spring! Maybe pick up with your New Years Resolution! There is still time!
How are you keeping in shape this spring? Tell us in the comments below!