Long Islands Irish community is turning out in full force this year.
Long Island’s Irish community is turning out in full force this year. At nearly every bar, pub, restaurant and library a celebration is being held in honor of St. Patrick. Expect live music, films, stand-up comedy and other Fitz O’celebration. Get it? Get it? Yes, well, join in the festivities with your friends and Long Island peers at any of the following St. Patrick’s Day events. Also consult this article containing a number of other activities and don’t forget about the St. Patrick’s Day parades marching through a town near you.
1. WHAT: Celtic Celebration - An evening of Irish song and poetry presenting by singer and musician Patrick O’Rourke
WHEN: March 14 @ 7pm
WHERE: Northport-East Northport Library
151 Laurel Avenue, Northport
2. WHAT: Irish Classic Film Marathon - An entire day of classic Irish films from the late 1920s to the mid 1930s.
WHEN: March 16 @ 10am-9:30pm
WHERE: East Meadow Library
1886 Front Street, East Meadow
3. WHAT: Celtic Fun - Irish music by Darlene Graham and the Shades of Green Band
WHEN: March 17-18 @ 2pm
WHERE: Long Island Children’s Museum
11 David Avenue (off Charles Lindbergh Boulevard), Garden City
ADDITIONAL INFO: For ages 3 and older.
4. WHAT: St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast and Brunch - Breakfast and brunch buffet with traditional Irish and English dishes. Event includes crafts, music and stories.
WHEN: March 17 @ 9am-10am and 10:30am-11:30am
WHERE: The Cupcake Corner
61 New Hyde Park Road, Garden City
ADDITIONAL INFO: Reservations with payment required.
5. WHAT: St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations - Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with live music, soda bread and raffles.
WHEN: March 17 @ 1pm-5pm
WHERE: Pindar Vineyards
37645 Route 25, Peconic
6. WHAT: St. Patrick’s Day Fundraising Party - Benefit event to raise funds for the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.
WHEN: March 17 @ 1pm-4pm
PRICE: $10 – includes corned beef and cabbage buffet and drink specials.
WHERE: Miller’s Ale House
3046 Hempstead Turnpike, Levittown
7. WHAT: 7 in Heaven’s St. Patrick’s Day Dinner Party - Irish dinner party and singles mingle for ages 32-62.
WHEN: March 17 @ 5pm-11pm
PRICE: $19.95 + $8 fee
WHERE: Cannon’s Blackthorn
49 North Village Avenue, Rockville Centre
(631) 592-9804 / website
(7 in Heaven)
8. WHAT: St. Patrick’s Day Goes to the Dogs - Raise awareness and funds for LIDOG, an organization looking to make Long Island a more dog-friendly place. Bring your dog to run and play with other dogs.
WHEN: March 18 @ 12pm-4pm
PRICE: $20 donation
WHERE: Fido Fitness
910 Railroad Avenue, Woodmere
9. WHAT: St. Baldrick’s Conquer Kids’ Cancer - Volunteers shave their heads to benefit children’s cancer funds for childhood cancer research.
WHEN March 24 @ 1pm
WHERE: Johnny McGorey’s Irish Pub
131 Front Street, Massapequa Park
10. WHAT: Ed Ryan: Songs of Ireland - Musician Ed Ryan performs traditional Irish tunes
WHEN: March 24 @ 3pm
WHERE: Long Beach Library
111 West Park Avenue, Long Beach