As spring approaches, now is the time to grow your garden--and your business. One of the best and often overlooked ways to increase your revenue is to build relationships with your present customers or clients. In the process of attracting new business, we frequently ignore the current business. Good client relations will grow your business faster than any other marketing technique. Positive word of mouth will earn you referrals. When you build your clients' trust and confidence, you will be rewarded with more jobs and more referrals. Here are five tips to practice:
1) Know everything possible about your clients' businesses. Join the associations and organizations that they are involved in.
2) Survey your clients. What is important to them. How can you provide better service?
3) Be responsive. Listen to their needs. Figure out a way to help them.
4) Be fair. That applies to the bills, too.
5) Evaluate what works and what doesn't work.
Paying attention to your clients will build loyalty. They will be with you for the long run. You will earn a secure and happy client base. You and your clients--and your business--will all profit.
May everything come up roses.
Interested in learning how to increase your own visibility in your profession? Consider taking my 2-hour class on August 13th at Hofstra University. Call for a brochure (516-463-5998) or visit the website at www.hofstra.edu/continuinglearner.