(Having someone else give you the ear drops may make this procedure easier.)
1. Gently clean your ear with a damp facecloth and then dry your ear.
2. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
3. Warm the drops to near body temperature by holding the container in your hand for a few minutes.
4. If the drops are a cloudy suspension, shake the bottle well for 10 seconds.
5. Check the dropper tip to make sure that it is not chipped or cracked.
6. Draw the medication into the dropper, or hold the dropper-top bottle with the dropper tip down.
7. Tilt the affected ear up or lie on your side.
8. Avoid touching the dropper tip against your ear or anything else - ear drops and the dropper must be kept clean.
9. Place the correct amount in your ear. Then tug gently on your ear to allow the drops to run in.
10. Keep your ear tilted up for a few minutes or insert a soft cotton plug in your ear, whichever method has been
recommended by your pharmacist or doctor.
11. Replace and tighten the cap or dropper right away.
12. Wash your hands to remove any medication.