August is National Romance Awareness Month: Show Someone Special How You Feel
February 14th is not the only day you should show your love for someone. August is Romance Awareness Month and isn't a month of showing ...
August is National Romance Awareness month and a time for everyone on the island to get a little romantic with someone special. In general, February should not be the only month that you show how you care to someone special, that is why it is more than appropriate that you romance someone this month.
Romance is different for each person. So, with a little thought, you can come up with plenty of great romantic ideas for this month.
Now, you do not have to leave the island to find romance, you can find it here on the island. So, check out some of these great romantic ideas for you and your loved one for this Romance Awareness Month.
- Flowers/Fruit/Chocolate Delivered to a Loved One: There are a lot of people who would love to receive flowers to their work or home. If they do not like flowers and like something more edible, your loved ones might like something sweet in the form of fruit or chocolates.
- A Nice Dinner: Nothing says how much you care and is very romantic like an intimate dinner at a favorite restaurant or a new restaurant you have never been before.
- Bed and Breakfast: Nothing is more romantic than someone cooking and tidying up for you at a bed and breakfast. Enjoy the area by the bed and breakfast and the food the innkeeper will whip up for you. Best part, you do not have to cook or clean!
- Visit a Lighthouse: Go to one of Long Island's great landmark lighthouses and learn all about the importance of these beacons of hope for ships and boats.
- Go to the North Fork: From wineries to beaches, the North Fork has a lot of romantic destinations for you and your loved one.
- Go to a Free Concert: Maybe your loved one loves a deal, nothing is better than a free concert for the frugal minded. There are many free concerts ranging all music genres for a couple.
- Go Berry Picking: This is berry season, so spending the day enjoying each other's company while picking berries can be very romantic. An additional romantic idea would be to cook or bake with the berries you pick.
How do you like to be romantic on the Island? Tell us in the comments below!