Hauppauge, NY - August 27, 2016 - The Suffolk County Police Department Highway Patrol Bureau, assisted by the New York State Police, arrested eight people and seized one vehicle during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in Hauppauge.
Police Officers from the Highway Patrol Bureau and the New York State Police conducted a sobriety checkpoint at 575 Route 347 in Hauppauge. The operation was conducted as part of the continuing summer enforcement efforts for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while ability impaired by alcohol and drugs. A totally of 1,088 vehicles went through the checkpoint.
The following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Harold Feldman, 53, of E. Northport
- Brenda Terney, 59, of Stony Brook
- Richard Harriprasad, 40, of Smithtown
- Lindsey Falkner, 26, of St. James
The following people were charged with Driving While Ability Impaired by Drugs:
- Anthony Venezio, 27, of W. Islip
- Craig Korobow, 48, of Port Jefferson
- Zachary Boccard, 22, of Smithtown
- Alfonso Bernard, 20, of Hauppauge
All eight are scheduled for arraignment at First District Court in Central Islip on August 27.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.