Founded in 1927, this 18-hole private golf club was originally located at Douglaston Park. Robert Trent Jones, Sr. redesigned the course in 1961, crafting it into the woodlands of the Allen-Boggs-Levitt estates. While some selective tree removal was necessary, Jones preserved the natural flow of the land. The sweeping fairways and gently contoured greens allow endless combinations. It would seem that no two successive holes are alike. Sparkling ponds become the water hazards. While the walking is easy and thoroughly enjoyable, this course can challenge golfers of all skill levels. In the words of Jones himself, the North Hills course is “…a fair test of golf for everyone.” In addition to the typical course amenities such as the driving range, in-house golf pro and dining facilities, the club also offers catering for special events.