Nassau County, NY - September 15, 2104 - In recognition of September’s National Preparedness Month, Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano invites residents to participate in free Emergency Preparedness Seminars offered in various locations throughout the County this month. Residents are encouraged to take an opportunity to review all procedures they would and should follow if an emergency were to arise in which they would be required to evacuate from their homes.
Free Emergency Preparedness Seminars are offered at the following locations:
- September 16th 7 pmat Jericho Public Library: 1 Merry Lane, Jericho.
- September 17th 7 pm atBayville Fire House: 258 Bayville Ave, Bayville.
- September 17th 7 pm at East Meadow Library: 1886 Front Street, East Meadow.
- September 18th 7 pm at Levittown Hall: 201 Levittown Pkwy, Hicksville.
- September 22nd 7 pm at North Bellmore Library: 1551 Newbridge Rd, North Bellmore.
- September 23rd 6 pm at Cornell Co-op Extension: 832 Merrick Ave. East Meadow NY.
- September 24th 7 pm at Freeport Public Library: 144 W Merrick Rd, Freeport.
- September 29th 7 pm at Clinton Martin Park: 1650 Marcus Avenue (at New Hyde Park Road), New Hyde Park.
- September 30th 7 pm at North Hills Village Hall: 1 Shelter Rock Rd, Roslyn.
- October 1st 7:30 pm at Atlantic Beach Village Hall: 65 the Plaza Atlantic Beach.
Additionally, citizens interested in joining Nassau County’s volunteer Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) - where participants receive emergency preparedness training to help protect residents and the community at large – should call (516) 573-9696 to enroll.
Residents are encouraged to review essential emergency information on Nassau County’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM) website. Should any resident need assistance, please call the Office of Emergency Management at (516) 573-0636.
Photo by Jeff Jones via Free Images