The Long Island Children’s Museum (LICM) in Garden City is temporarily closed but the museum has made it possible for children to enjoy many fun and imaginative experiences at home.
The museum’s website features a variety of online content to keep kids exploring, creating, and playing. New content is added every Friday. Some of what you’ll find include:
- Full-length archival productions from the LICM Theater such as Happy As Clams: The Musical (view the song lyrics to sing along!) and Princess Frog
- An ABC Exercise sheet
- Visit LICM at Home episodes filled with science, animals, art projects, games, and more
- Early childhood program videos
- Fun facts and lessons from exhibits and LICM Theater
- Behind-the-scenes updates
- At-home activities such as the Kids in the Kitchen Recipes on Facebook, featuring Ashley Niver, the LICM Early Childhood Program Director. She shows little chefs how to use real cooking tools (with some help from adults) to make easy, yummy, kid-friendly snacks from start to finish.
Long Island Children’s Museum is a learning space devoted to the busy work of play. Its exhibits, programs and performances fuel creativity and collaboration to inspire millions of aha moments. It is located at 11 Davis Ave. in Garden City. For more information contact the LICM at (516) 224-5800.