Do Something for Others: This Week Is Be Kind to Humankind Week
Sometimes we all get caught up in life, but we must remember to do something for someone else. So, do something for others this Be ...
Many Long Islanders are lucky enough to have everything they needs, however there are other Long Island who are struggling. These struggling Long Islanders can use some kindness. So, show others how kind and giving you are because this week is Be Kind to Humankind Week.
By showing kindness to others can help build a supportive family and community. With bullying at the height of controversy, teaching one another empathy can make someone a better person and help kids avoid bullying behavior.
This summer the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge was the way that many people nationwide were showing that they cared. Not only did they raise money, but also awareness for ALS.
There are various things you can do this week to show your kindness to others. But, remember, not only show your kindness this week, but show your kindness year round.
- Donate Money: A simple way to show you care is donating to a local charity. ALS, cancer, and Lupus organizations are always looking for donations. But, also remember that people are still struggling after Hurricane Sandy.
- Donate Time: Maybe you do not have a lot of money, but you can donate your time and help many charity organization branching from food kitchens to shelters.
- Donate Clothes: Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall wardrobe, it doesn't matter. There are many people in need who need clothes for all year round.
- Donate Food: Food pantries and shelters get a lot of donations during Thanksgiving and Christmas, but they need food all year.
- Do a Charity Walk , Run, or Event: There are many events going on during the year that are raising money, clothes, food, or just awareness. Check some of them out in our events calendar.
- Donate Blood: One blood donation can save at most 3 people's lives. Donating your blood can mean so much to so many people.
- Sign Up to Be an Organ Donor: Register to be an organ donor through New York State. Over 10,000 people are waiting for transplants and one person can save up to eight lives and improve the lives of up to 50 people with cells and tissue.
How will you show kindness to humankind? Tell us in the comments below!