August 9th is a day of book lovers. Book Lover's Day is a day for, not only the book lover, everyone to stop and pick up a book to read. You can read anywhere! At the beach, in a park, at home, or even on your patio. Books offer another world where we can enter or give us information about people and places.
Reading books has advance further than most people can imagine. From physical books, to e-readers, to our smartphone, books are more accessible than every before. Even libraries have adapted with allowing renting on your electronic devices.
Where better to read a book than a library. Libraries not only offer books to read, but also sponsor events. These events range from arts and crafts to book readings, Book Lover's Day can be achieved at your local library.
Check out all the book related events going on at your local libraries!
- Free Spanish Herstory Writer's Workshop - Brentwood Public Library - Brentwood - Every Thursday through September 4th
- Stories, Songs and Playtime - John Jermain Library - Sag Harbor - Every Thursday through August 28th
- Creative Writing Workshop - Oceanside Library - Oceanside - August 7th and 21st
- Summer Stories - West Islip Public Library - West Islip - August 7th and 14th
- Pajama Story Time - West Islip Library - West Islip - August 7th and 21st
- Teens, Tots, Tales and More - Baldwin Library - Baldwin - August 7th
- Author Appearance and Book Signing: James C. Humes - Shelter Island Library - Shelter Island - August 8th
- 9th Annual Authors Night Benefit Event - East Hampton Library - East Hampton - August 9th
- East Hampton Library’s 10th Annual Authors Night - Gardiner Farm - East Hampton - August 9th
- Conversations with the Author: Roger Rosenblatt - Quogue Library - Quogue - August 10th
- Book vs. Movie: Divergent - Hauppauge Library - Hauppuage - August 13th
- Splish Splash Story Fun Time - East Islip Library - East Islip - August 14th
- Conversations with the Author: Bill Dedman - Quogue Library - Quogue - August 17th
What event or book will you be enjoying for this Book Lover's Day? Tell us in the comments below!