Huntington Station, NY - August 22, 2015 - The Suffolk County Police Highway Patrol Bureau arrested 10 people during an overnight sobriety checkpoint in the Huntington Station area, including one person with a seven-month old child in his vehicle.
Police officers from the Suffolk County Highway Patrol Bureau conducted a sobriety checkpoint on Route 110 at Church Street in Huntington Station. The operation was conducted for the prevention of injuries and fatalities associated with driving while ability impaired by alcohol and drugs, particularly as a prelude to the upcoming Labor Day Holiday weekend. A total of 625 vehicles went through the checkpoint. One of those arrested, Marvin Whitfield, 36, of Huntington, was charged with felony Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated after being stopped for traffic violations with a seven-month-old female child in his vehicle. Whitfield was additionally charged with Endangering the Welfare of a Child.
Additionally, the following people were charged with Driving While Intoxicated:
- Cori Levin, 50, of Deer Park
- Michael Levy, 27, of Melville
- Kathryn Perry, 47, of Seaford
- Maritza Borges, 46, of Huntington Station
- Judy Evans, 53, of Huntington
- Renny Peter, 32, of Savannah Georgia
- Andrea Ronquillo, 25, of Huntington
- Unnamed 36 Year Old Male from Dix Hills
- Avinav Gambhir, 24, of Dix Hills
The above individuals, including Whitfield, will be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on August 22.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.