As the flowers begin to bloom and winter layers are shed, Long Island will be the prime location for enjoying spring activities! A plethora of events and family entertainment options throughout the season ensure that there will always be something new to discover.
Plus, with a number of holidays to look forward to, including Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Easter, there will be plenty of opportunities to gather the family for seasonal fun.
With only three months to pack in as many activities as possible, it's essential to stay organized and make a list. To help you make the most out of the season, we have created our own Spring 2018 Bucket List with all of our favorites!
- Witness the spectacle that will be the 15th Annual Bethpage Air Show, featuring the U.S Navy Blue Angels!
- Take in some rays beneath the warm sun at a local beach!
- Help beautify Long Island by planting a tree for Arbor Day!
- Embrace the thrill of the hunt at one of LI's many egg hunts!
- Gaze up at a stunning fireworks display in celebration of Memorial Day!
- April's showers provide the perfect opportunity to spend time at the aquarium!
- Utilize your creativity to make your Easter eggs into works of art!
- Whether for Memorial Day or a relaxing afternoon, a picnic is always the basis for a great spring afternoon!
- Grill up some meats and veggies at a family barbecue!
- Whip up some tasty snacks and cocktails for Cinco De Mayo!
- Enjoy the great outdoors by hiking on one of Suffolk or Nassau's best trails!
- Visit a local street fair and have a memorable day out with the family!
- Showcase your mini golf skills at an indoor or outdoor course!
- Learn something new at one of the more than 100 museums across LI!
- Go for a bike ride and take in the beautiful local views!
There is no better way to spend the spring season than outdoors with the family! Photo by Ashlyn Gehrett via Flickr.
- Take advantage of LI's network of waterways for a kayaking or canoeing adventure!
- Sip some delicious local wines during a trip out to Long Island Wine Country!
- Relish the spirit of competition by heading to a public tennis court for a match!
- Take the family out to a Long Island Ducks ballgame at Bethpage Ballpark!
- Head to an arboretum to enjoy the gorgeous sight of flowers blossoming!
- Catch a memorable performance by a LI theatre company at one of the dozens of great local venues!
- Plan the perfect family outings in celebration of Mother's Day and Father's Day!
- Sample a variety of seasonal brews at a local brewery!
- See incredible animals up close at local farms, petting zoos, nature centers, and animal sanctuaries!
- Discover a local village with a day trip to Stony Brook, Greenport, Northport, or any of the countless others!
- Dance to the beat and move to the rhythm at a local concert!
- Cast a line and enjoy a quiet afternoon of fishing at a river, lake, or shoreline!
- Join a local running club or participate in an upcoming 5K race!
- Revel in LI's history during a trip to a local lighthouse!
- Appreciate the incredible works of local artists at nearby art galleries!
What activities are on your Spring 2018 Bucket List? Let us know in the comments below!