Long Island, NY - December 22, 2015 - The Long Island Rail Road is adding 13 trains to its eastbound afternoon schedule from Penn Station on Christmas Eve, Thursday, December 24, to accommodate the large number of customers expected to leave work early to begin their Christmas holiday. The additional service from Penn Station will be provided between 12:43 p.m. and 3:48 p.m. on the Ronkonkoma, Babylon, Port Jefferson, Port Washington and Far Rockaway Branches.
Ronkonkoma Branch – Two Trains
- 12:43 p.m. stopping at, Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then local to Ronkonkoma (except Pinelawn)
- 1:52 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then local to Ronkonkoma (except Pinelawn)
Babylon Branch – Six Trains
- 1:28 p.m. express to Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 1:55 p.m. express to Jamaica, stopping at Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 2:22 p.m. express to Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 2:32 p.m. express to Lynbrook, then local to Babylon
- 3:00 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
- 3:31 p.m. express to Rockville Centre, then local to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch – Three Trains
- 2:08 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then local to Huntington
- 2:29 p.m. stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then local to Huntington
- 3:24 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
Port Washington Branch – One Train
- 3:40 p.m. stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main Street, then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch – One Train
- 3:48 p.m. stopping at Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
Christmas Day Service
On Christmas Day, Friday, December 25, the LIRR will operate on a holiday schedule.
Extra Holiday Service on Weekends through January 2-3
The LIRR is running four extra westbound trains and six extra eastbound trains on weekends during the holiday season. The remaining weekends are December 26-27 and January 2-3. Information about these trains can be found in the Long Beach Branch and Port Jefferson Branch timetables. The Long Breach Branch trains are also listed at appropriate shared stations in the Far Rockaway Branch timetables.
Discounted Family Fare
Discounted Family Fares will be available during the Christmas-New Year’s holidays. As many as four children, ages 5-11, can ride for the deeply discounted Family Fare of $1.00 per child when accompanied by a fare-paying adult or guardian. The Family Fare is available for off-peak and PM peak trains only. Children under 5 ride free on the LIRR.
For More Information
Customers can pick up copies of LIRR branch timetables dated December 14, 2015, at stations or terminals or find it online or by downloading LIRR’s official TrainTime app at the Google Play or iTunes Stores. They can also contact the LIRR’s Customer Service Center by calling 511, the New York State Travel Information Line, and saying: Long Island Rail Road. If you are deaf or hearing impaired, use your preferred relay service provider for the free 711 relay to reach the LIRR at 511.