East Moriches, NY - December 18th, 2014 - Suffolk County Police today arrested a man after he sold alcohol to a minor at a business in East Moriches.
In response to community complaints, Seventh Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into the sale of alcohol to underage patrons at eight businesses in Shirley, Center Moriches, East Moriches and Eastport.
Officers arrested Firat Kayas for selling alcohol to a minor at the Wave Gas Station, located at 476 East Main St., East Moriches at approximately 7:45 p.m.
The following seven establishments complied with the New York State law and refused the sale of alcohol to a minor.
- Center Spirits, located at 387 Main St., Center Moriches
- Coastal Gas, located at 230 Main St., Center Moriches
- Velero Gas Station, located at 55 County Road 51, Eastport
- Express Deli and Convenience, located at 600 Montauk Highway, Shirley
- Deli Smoke Shop, located at 44 c Surrey Circle, Shirley
- Parkway Deli and Convenience, located at 431 William Floyd Parkway, Shirley
- Royal Supermarket, located at 451 Glen Drive, Shirley
Kayas, 39, of East Moriches was charged with Unlawfully Dealing with a Child 1st Degree. He was also charged with an unrelated warrant. Kayas will be held overnight at the 7th Precinct and is scheduled to be arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip on December 18.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.