The Town of Hempstead is hosting a drive-in Winter Movie Festival throughout the month of December. Featured movies include holiday and winter classics such as It’s a Wonderful Life, Elf, Frozen 2, and many more. These family friendly films will be open to Town of
Hempstead residents on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays beginning on December 4 and running through December 20.
Sound will be broadcast via FM radio, and all attendees must remain in their vehicles. If you need to leave your car to use the restroom, you must wear a mask. Town staff will be present at all movies to remind visitors of rules and regulations, as well as address any questions or concerns.
All movies will be shown at Town Park Point Lookout, 1300 Lido Blvd., Point Lookout.
Below is the full schedule:
- It’s a Wonderful Life, Friday, December 4 at 5pm
- Polar Express, Saturday, December 5 at 5pm
- An American Tail, Sunday, December 6 at 2pm
- Elf, Friday, December 11 at 5pm
- The Preacher’s Wife, Saturday, December 12 at 5pm
- D2: The Mighty Ducks, Sunday, December 13 at 2pm
- Almost Christmas, Friday, December 18 at 5pm
- The Grinch, Saturday, December 19 at 5pm
- Frozen 2, Sunday, December 20 at 2pm