Nassau County, NY - November 14, 2014 - Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano today announced that the children of Nassau County will once again be able to send their holiday lists directly to Old St. Nick at the North Pole via a special network of Santa’s Mailboxes at Nassau County Parks, beginning Friday, November 21st through Monday, December 15th.
The Nassau County Department of Parks, Recreation and Museums will forward letters to Santa at the North Pole. Letters received by Monday, December 15th with a legible name and return address will be answered by Santa before the holiday. There is no postage necessary.
Colorful red and green mailboxes will be accessible from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily at the administration buildings of the following parks:
- Cantiague Park in Hicksville, (571-7056);
- Christopher Morley Park in Roslyn-North Hills, (571-8113);
- Grant Park in Hewlett, (571-7821);
- Rev. Arthur Mackey, Sr. Park in Roosevelt, (571-8692);
- Wantagh Park in Wantagh, (571-7460);
- Lannin House at Parking Field No. 6, (572-0348);
- Nassau Aquatic Center at Parking Field No. 1A, (572-0501); and
- Eisenhower Park Administration Building: Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., (572-0200).
For more information about Santa’s mailboxes, please call (516) 572-0200 weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., or visit Park’s Department website.
Photo by Susan H. via Free Images