Long Island, NY - November 2, 2016 - Dust off the graphing calculators and brush up on Shakespeare: The JEOPARDY! Teen Tournament is back, and five Tri-State area teens are set to compete. The two-week event, which begins Wednesday, November 9, features 15 of America’s sharpest teens aged 14-17 competing for a $100,000 grand prize; it was taped before a live audience at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, D.C. earlier this year.
“The Teen Tournament is my favorite yearly event due to the energy and enthusiasm of our young contestants,” said JEOPARDY! host Alex Trebek. “Taping this year’s shows in D.C. only added to that feeling of excitement and also created a sense of occasion that was felt by everyone who participated in it.”
Pictured: Teen tournament contestant Alec Fischthal of Hewlett with Alex Trebeck.
The five New York-area teens competing in the 2016 JEOPARDY! Teen Tournament are:
- Michael Borecki, a junior at Darien High School in Darien, Conn.
- Porter Bowman, a junior at St. Luke’s School in New Canaan, Conn.
- Alec Fischthal, a junior at George W. Hewlett High School in Hewlett, N.Y.
- Lucia Geng, a junior at Great Neck South High in Great Neck, N.Y.
- Emily LaMonica, a senior at Marine Academy of Science and Technology in Highlands, N.J.
The rest of the Teen Tournament contestants are:
- Leeyu Addisu, an eighth grader at Howard Middle School in Ocala, Fla.
- Lily Allingham, a sophomore at Sanford School in Hockessin, Del.
- Jack Bekos, a junior at Marquette University High School in Milwaukee, Wisc.
- Sabrina Duong, a sophomore at La Jolla High School in La Jolla, Calif.
- Apurva Kanneganti, a senior at Germantown High School in Germantown, Tenn
- Antonio Karides, a junior at Severna Park High School in Severna Park, Md.
- Michael Kwan, a sophomore at The Harker School in San Jose, Calif.
- Sharath Narayan, a sophomore at James Clemens High School in Madison, Ala.
- Connor Pierce, a freshman at St. Mark’s School of Texas in Dallas, Texas.
- Jasmine Wheeler, an eighth grader at Heritage Classical Academy in Stow, Ohio.
Follow JEOPARDY! on Snapchat for exclusive behind-the-scenes content from the Teen Tournament.
For more information about the Teen Tournament, please visit Jeopardy.com.
JEOPARDY!, America’s Favorite Quiz Show®, and its host, Alex Trebek, are in their 33rd season in syndication. With 23 million viewers each week, JEOPARDY! is the top-rated quiz show on television, and has won several awards and distinctions over the course of its 30+ years on the air, including setting a Guinness World Records® record for the most Emmy® Awards won by a TV game show (33 Emmys). JEOPARDY! is produced by Sony Pictures Television, a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company; Harry Friedman is Executive Producer. JEOPARDY! is distributed domestically by CBS Television Distribution and internationally by CBS Television International, both units of CBS Corp. For more information, please visit Jeopardy.com.