Don’t leave the doggo at home when you go for a walk in the park in Oyster Bay. Recently, the town opened up a dozen more parks to leashed pets. The effort also includes upgrades to the town’s existing dog park on the south shore and a new north shore facility that’s currenty under construction.
“Our pets are like family, and residents have been requesting that we give consideration to allowing them to enjoy our facilities with their dogs,” said Town Supervisor Joseph Saladino.
According to a statement released by the Town of Oyster Bay, consideration for which parks should be opened to leashed pets was given based on utilization, location and usage. New signage was placed at the designated parks advising residents that leashed pets are welcome.
Parks where leashed pets are welcome include community parks at the below locations:
- Hunter Lane & Northern Parkway, Hicksville
- Tudor Road & Lyon Court, Hicksville
- Lincoln Street & Meadow Court, Farmingdale
- Maytime Drive & Mellow Lane, Jericho
- Flamingo Drive & Caffrey Ave., Bethpage
- Burton Lane & Unqua Road, Massapequa
- Clocks Blvd. & Bayview Place, Massapequa
- Pittsburgh Ave. & Westwood Road, Massapequa
- Sylvia Lane & Warren Place
- Split Rock Road & Radley Drive, Syosset
- Market Drive & Woodbury Road, Syosset