LongIsland.com

History: Photo of Pepperidge Hall Interior

Written by Ls Cohen  |  12. October 2020

A photo of the 60-room residence that was modeled on a French chateau shows one of the mansion's fireplaces. According to reports, the mansion was built in 1888 and used as the setting for silent movies. It fell into disrepair and was sold, according to a New York Times article from 1939, for $15,000 to the Royal Fraternity of Master Metaphysicians. It was eventually razed in 1941.

Copyright © 1996-2021 LongIsland.com & Long Island Media, Inc. All rights reserved.