Long Island, NY - August 29, 2016 - John De Vito, candidate for the State Senate’s third district, has just secured the endorsement of the National Institution of Reproductive Health, the Long Island Environmental Voters Forum, and Assemblyman Phil Ramos (D-Islip).
This continues a pronounced trend of support from labor unions, and local, state, and national political organizations that have backed De Vito before the September 13th democratic primary.
Other recent elected officials and organizations endorsing De Vito include:
- Communication Workers of America Local 1108
- United Federation of Communication Workers Local 1500
- The Brookhaven Town Democratic Committee Executive Board
- The Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund
- Suffolk County Legislator Kate Browning
- Suffolk County Legislator Rob Calarco
- Fighting for Children PAC
De Vito seeks to defeat freshman Senator Tom Croci (R-Islip) in a year that will feature economic fairness and public corruption as key campaign issues throughout the region. John is a 25 year-old lifelong resident of Mastic Beach, and a graduate of William Floyd High School and New York University.
New York’s Third Senate District is located wholly in Suffolk County and includes the communities of Hauppauge, Central Islip, Brentwood, East Islip, Bayport, Blue Point, Patchogue, Bellport, Ronkonkoma, Medford, Shirley and Mastic Beach.