Southold, NY - August 26, 2015 - On Tuesday August 25, 2015, the New York State Police Barracks in Riverside conducted an Underage Drinking Enforcement Operation in Southold. The operation targets store clerks who sell alcoholic beverages to minors. The State Police utilized an underage subject to purchase alcoholic beverages. During the operation two retail establishments were cited for selling alcoholic beverages to an undercover State Police operative.
Arrested and charged with Unlawful Dealing with a Child in the Second Degree and Prohibited Sale of an Alcoholic Beverage were:
Elizabeth P. Weiss, age 52, of Southold, N.Y., a clerk at Peconic Liquors, 31435 Main Road, Cutchogue, NY.
Sarah E. Nappa, age 34, of Southold, NY., a clerk at Wine Maker Studios, 2885 Peconic Lane, Peconic, NY.
The defendants were issued an appearance ticket returnable to the Town of Southold Court at a later date.
Also checked and found to be in compliance were;
- Empire Mini-Mart 7400 Main Rd. Laurel, NY
- La Tienda - 12130 Main Rd. Mattituck, NY
- The Handy Pantry – 12250 Main Road Mattituck, NY
- 7-11 Store – 9945 Main Road Mattituck, NY
- J. Shields Fine Wines & Spirits – 13325 Main Road Mattituck, NY
- At Your Service Beverage & Supplies – 13175 Main Road Mattituck, NY
- Valero Food Mart – 28975 Main Road Cutchogue, NY
- 7-11 Store – 56480 Main Road Southold, NY