Suffolk County Police arrested a man who committed nine residential burglaries in July and August of 2019 in the First, Fourth and Sixth Precincts.
Following an investigation, First Squad detectives located Alfred Giglio at 3845 Veterans Memorial Highway, Ronkonkoma and arrested him for three burglaries that occurred in the First Precinct in July 2019.
In conjunction with Fourth and Sixth Squad detectives, further investigation revealed he was responsible for six burglaries that occurred in the Fourth and Sixth Precincts on August 11, 2019. The following is a list of the nine burglaries committed by Giglio:
- 21 Knickerbocker Ave., Ronkonkoma. August 11, 2019
- 107 Port Ave., Ronkonkoma. August 11, 2019
- 151 Springdale Drive, Ronkonkoma. August 11, 2019
- 2494 Pond Road, Ronkonkoma. August 11, 2019
- 749 Erie St., Ronkonkoma. August 11, 2019
- 8 2nd St., Lake Ronkonkoma. August 11, 2019
- 15 Gateway Drive, Copiague. July 29, 2019
- 26 Barberry Court, Amityville. July 25, 2019
- 55 Howard Ave., Copiague. July 23, 2019
Giglio, 30, of Lindenhurst, was charged with nine counts of Burglary 2nd Degree, and one count each of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property 4th Degree, and Possession of Burglary Tools. He was held overnight at the First Precinct and was arraigned at First District Court in Central Islip.
A criminal charge is an accusation. A defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.