Residents from the Town of Hempstead can enjoy a free summer concert series at Town Park at Point Lookout. Vehicles will be admitted to the parking lot on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning at 7pm and concerts will begin at 8pm.
All guests must remain in their vehicles during the event except when visiting the restroom or disposing of trash. Because of social distancing requirements, attendees are required to wear a mask at any time that they leave their car. Masks must be worn when a six-foot distance from other groups cannot be maintained.
An FM transmitter will allow audio to be played from any radio. On the evening of the event, attendees will be advised which FM station to tune into on their car radios.
For more information, visit hempsteadtownny.gov or call (516) 292-9000, extension 7480.
See below for the complete summer lineup:
- July 15 - There will be “Something in the Air” as PseudoSsudio performs the hits of Phil Collins.
- July 17 - You’ll hear the sounds of “Sweet Home Alabama” as Freebird plays the hits of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- July 18 - Take a “Holiday” with Material Girl featuring Amber Ferrari in a tribute to Madonna & Lady Gaga.
- July 20 - You will “Feel the Love Tonight” as Sir Elton plays the hits of Elton John.
- July 22 - It will be a magical night when Hokis Pokis takes the stage.
- July 24 - “That’s Amore” with Jenna Esposito…Featuring Italian favorites song by such artists as Connie Francis, Jerry Vale, Rosemary Clooney and more.
- July 25 - There will be “Nowhere to Run” when the Ladies of Motown hit the stage.
- July 27 - You will be “Dancing in the Dark” with Badlands – A Bruce Springsteen Tribute.
- July 29 - You will want to “Take It Easy” as Desert Highway plays the hits of the Eagles.
- July 31 - “You’ve Got a Friend” as Hour Glass plays the hits of James Taylor.
- August 1 - Bad Animals will get “Crazy on You” when they play the sounds of Heart.
- August 3 - Beginnings is a “Hard Habit to Break” as they perform the hits of Chicago.
- August 5 - Enjoy the sounds of “Motown” & more with Jerome “City” Smith.
- August 7 - There will be no “Evil Woman” as Strange Magic sings the hits of Electric Light Orchestra.
- August 8 - It will be “Hip to be Square” when Back in Time sings the hits of Huey Lewis and the News.
- August 10 - “The Angels Listened In” on Johnny Maestro Tribute Band.
- August 12 - Whether you “Take It on the Run” or you reach for the “Eye of the Tiger”, you’re sure to have a blast with REO Speedwagon/Survivor Tribute Band.
- August 14 - Rishard Lampese and his Rat Pack Tribute perform the music of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr.
- August 15 - Enjoy one of Long Island’s favorite & most talented eclectic rock bands, Wonderous Stories.
- August 17 - There will be “Good Vibrations” as Endless Summer pays tribute to the Beach Boys.
- August 19 - You won’t be like “Rip Van Winkle” and sleep while The Devotions rock Point Lookout.
- August 21 - You will not be living a “Fantasy” hearing Shining Star – An Earth Wind and Fire Tribute.
- August 22 - “You May Be Right” but there is no “Pressure” when Songs in the Attic – the music of Billy Joel featuring David Clark - performs.